DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 79 of 112 First ... 2969777879808189 ... Last
    Thanks! I have a work around where I set the dur to zero and add another effect to help time the aura. This is very bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Thanks! I have a work around where I set the dur to zero and add another effect to help time the aura. This is very bizarre.
    Are you using Better Combat Effects, by any chance?

Yes Better Combat Effects Gold. In the example I have it loaded. I have tried this test with just a label like "test aura" then remove BCEG and it seems to happen as well.

BCEG is the paid version of BCE.
    Last edited by nephranka; August 16th, 2022 at 17:12.

It is possible I am misremembering and I had BCEG on both times. I can run a clean test tonight and post the results.

Pretty sure I know what is going on as I've seen this behavior before. Likely a bce issue that I just need to put in a check for.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Pretty sure I know what is going on as I've seen this behavior before. Likely a bce issue that I just need to put in a check for.
    Cool. Glad it looks to be easy to fix. For the record I am using BCEG but I assume most of the "guts" are the same as BCE. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    This should now work correctly. I identified an issue in a recent update I made to Aura Effect that caused that behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    This should now work correctly. I identified an issue in a recent update I made to Aura Effect that caused that behavior.
    Thanks! I was operating under the idea it was an issue with BCEG but I am glad it is all sorted out now. Thank you.

I'd like to suggest a feature if it's possible: The ability to change the diagonal distance calculation of auras using a keyword.
    I know you can already change the diagonal distance calculation so auras are square or circular using the settings menu, but there are a few cases where changing the global setting isn't feasible.

Take for example: If you are playing Curse of Strahd, you use the 'Standard' setting for diagonal distance in your campaign, and you have an aura effect automated for the Sunsword's sunlight. Light in fantasy grounds is always calculated as circular, even if distance calculation is set to 'Standard' (in which all radii are actually square). So the light is circular but the aura is square, leading to a disconnect where the aura is larger than the light the sword is emitting. If we are able to set a keyword to override this calculation for specific aura effects, this would resolve issues that arise from this dissonance.

Some suggestions for keywords:

Standard calculation: AURAS:
    Variant calculation: AURAV:
    or maybe AURA: 15 foe standard/variant
    Last edited by GEONE; August 22nd, 2022 at 18:57.

Would it be possible for this extension to respond to changes in the AURA size when edited in the CT? The specific use case is the PF2 Bless spell which increases in radius when the caster sustains the spell. I just tested editing the AURA value directly in the CT and it didn't seem to respond to the change at all. The obvious workaround is to have two different effects, one for the duration and the other for the AURA (and removing/adding effects with different AURA sizes when it changes), but that could potentially lead to the Bless spell expiring but the AURA effect remaining.

Thread Information