DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 77 of 112 First ... 2767757677787987 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JayceStorm View Post
    Is there any obvious mechanism to handle when there are multiple paladin's with similar auras to prevent them from stacking with each other?
    Depends on the AURAs.

Can you give us the exact AURA info?

Is there any obvious mechanism to handle when there are multiple paladin's with similar auras to prevent them from stacking with each other?
    In 3.5E you can just use a damage type that doesn't stack. If it's 5E, you're out of luck AFAIK. As MrDDT mentions, more info would be helpful (including which ruleset you're using it with).
    Perhaps with another extension as well there is something to keep from stacking in more rulesets.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Depends on the AURAs.

Can you give us the exact AURA info?
    Here is the information you requested:

(1) Playing 5e
    (2) Here is the specific effect being used: Aura of Protection; AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA]

There are 2 paladin's in the campaign that both have the same aura and when a person is standing within 10' of each of the paladin's, it is giving them +10 on their saves instead of +5.
    Last edited by JayceStorm; August 1st, 2022 at 02:39.

Here is the information you requested:

(1) Playing 5e
    (2) Here is the specific effect being used: Aura of Protection; AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA]

There are 2 paladin's in the campaign that both have the same aura and when a person is standing within 10' of each of the paladin's, it is giving them +10 on their saves instead of +5.
    So this came up before.

What you need to do is apply at tag in the auras that do an IF to detect the other person's AURA.
    So what they did was detect the other persons AURA and then did a - to saves for whatever their AURA was doing if they hit the IF.
    However, because they are the same amount, you can simply do an IF to detect if they already have the aura and if they do, not give them the AURA.

Is there an example of how to write the revised aura with the detect? Are you detecting IFT: CUSTOM(FROMAURA; Aura of Protection)... Not sure how to check if the target has the effect then DON'T apply the aura. Is there a way to do that?

I think I figured it out after lots of trial and error. On the first Paladin, I created the following aura:

Aura of Protection; AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA] (This is the normal aura applied to the first Paladin)

On the second Paladin, I created the following aura:

Aura of Protection; AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA]; IF: CUSTOM(Aura of Protection); SAVE: [-CHA] (This will apply the normal aura on friends within 10 but it will check if the other Paladin's aura is on the target and if it finds it, it will reverse the save bonus.)

This worked in all of my testing scenarios with a player receiving the auras from 1 or both Paladins as well as the Paladins themselves receiving each other's auras.
    Last edited by JayceStorm; August 1st, 2022 at 04:53.

I think I figured it out after lots of trial and error. On the first Paladin, I created the following aura:

Aura of Protection; AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA] (This is the normal aura applied to the first Paladin)

On the second Paladin, I created the following aura:

Aura of Protection; AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA]; IF: CUSTOM(Aura of Protection); SAVE: [-CHA] (This will apply the normal aura on friends within 10 but it will check if the other Paladin's aura is on the target and if it finds it, it will reverse the save bonus.)

This worked in all of my testing scenarios with a player receiving the auras from 1 or both Paladins as well as the Paladins themselves receiving each other's auras.
    Glad you got it worked out, I was doing some family time.

Just remember this only works if you know that the other AURA will be equal or more powerful. Once you have the most powerful one, it wont work well. Or something like that.

Kinda pain in da butt, but we deal with the tools we are given right?

My thinking is that the base aura goes on the paladin with the highest aura and the modified one goes on the paladin with the lower value since it will be reversed by the main one. So it should work when there are two different valued auras.

Really smart solution! Nice work

Howdy! I'm also struggling with getting the aura effects working correctly, but so far I've not come across a fix that works yet...specifically the "Spirit Guardians" effect which has been mentioned in this thread often. I'm trying to decipher the error code so I can maybe troubleshoot the issue further.

The effect code I have at the moment is:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)

I have the following extensions running:
    Effect Builder v1.7.1
    Effect Builder Plugin - D&D 5e / PFRPG Effects v0.6.0
    Better Combat Effects v2.56
    Ongoing Save Effects - Extension v2.0 5E version for Fantasy Grounds
    Aura Effects v1.11

Here's the error I'm getting when I try to implement this:

[8/8/2022 6:08:48 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_ose.lua"]:64: attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)

Is this a simple case of "too many extensions running simultaneously"......or something else?

Please advise.

Thread Information