5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 113 First ... 567891757107 ... Last
    Hmm, yes I see what you mean. After testing, "nearby allies gain ATK: 1" aura for my player's pirate captain PC, to properly buff other PCs and neutral/yellow pirate PCs would require two effects (posting in case anyone else could use it):

AURA: 15 friend; YARRR; ATK: 1
    AURA: 15 foe; YARRR; IF: FACTION(neutral); ATK: 1

I don't mind the player having to click two effects (easy), the only drawback I could see is that if we play with aura applications/removals visible, it would also harmlessly apply the ATK: 1 effect to red/hostile creatures in the range, though they wouldn't actually gain the benefit, which might just be confusing to see in the chat/combat tracker. However since we haven't actually played with this extension yet, maybe we'll find the notifications spammy like you said with the Aura of Protection and just choose to hide them all anyway.

I’ll work on adding in some additional handling for the aura types themselves. Limited time lately though, so I don’t know when I’ll be able to get to that.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Another observation, the DMGO seems to interact strangely with auras if using the Advanced Effects extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cs-characters), using the following aura as an example:

AURA: 10 foe; Anxiety Aura; IF: FACTION(!neutral); DMGO: 1d6 psychic
    If I put that effect on an item and equip it, it does automatically add the effect to the PC as Advanced Effects is supposed to do. However, it deals the ongoing damage to both foes and the PC with the aura.

However, if I create effect as a power on the PC's sheet and apply it to the PC that way, it works fine and only deals ongoing damage to foes.

Certainly not a gamebreaker since I can always just make this a PC sheet power instead of an item-added one, but just thought I'd bring to your attention! Not sure if it's possible to coordinate with celestian (author of Advanced Effects) to figure out why this is happening or what.

Perhaps a more important observation: it appears that a modifier with a minus sign breaks the automatic removal when the aura holder moves out of range. (Replying separately because this is a different issue from the previous post.)

For example:
    AURA: 5 all; Anxiety; ATK: -2
    This aura gets applied properly when the aura holder moves into range, but isn't removed when the aura holder moves away. Without the minus (ie just ATK: 2) everything works properly.

I’ve looked at the advanced effects extension a fair bit, and it’s because the source of the effect is the weapon, not the player is my guess. So faction checking falls down trying to compare a faction against an item. I’ll look at fixing that.

As far as the minus going that’s very odd, I’ll have to look into what may be causing that.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kentmccullough View Post
    I’ve looked at the advanced effects extension a fair bit, and it’s because the source of the effect is the weapon, not the player is my guess. So faction checking falls down trying to compare a faction against an item. I’ll look at fixing that.

As far as the minus going that’s very odd, I’ll have to look into what may be causing that.
    There is a known issue with negative modifiers in FGU. Not sure if it's this or not. If I remember correctly, it was revealed with a -1d4 effect for Bane. Not sure though.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It seems like distances are being calculated a bit short when it comes to diagonal distances. For example, an Aura 10 is being applied to the proper targets when they are 2 squares away horizontally or vertically, but not diagonally.

To demonstrate, in these examples the target (blue) receives the Aura when the Aura-holder is in the green squares, but not the red ones. Obviously the outside "ring" of red squares are outside the aura's range, but the corner pieces should be within the range.

This seems to occur whether the diagonal distance option is set to Standard or Variant. Tested with no other extensions running.

Last edited by Rades; June 13th, 2020 at 20:06.

Blog Entries
    What is the campaign option for distance set to? Default or Alternate? That controls how FG calculates distances, not sure if this extension accounts for that setting or not.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    What is the campaign option for distance set to? Default or Alternate? That controls how FG calculates distances, not sure if this extension accounts for that setting or not.
    Sorry, should have provided that detail. Diagonal distance was set to Standard, but after a quick test, this happens whether it's set to Standard or Variant. I'll add that to my initial post.

Distance is currently calculated as raw distance a^2+b^2=c^2 I’ll add an option in future updates for the differing calculations.

Thread Information