Starfinder Playlist
Page 68 of 114 First ... 1858666768697078 ... Last
    I don't believe this really an issue with 5E Aura Effects, but I have a Paladin in the Combat Tracker with the following effect applied:

Aura of Protection; AURA: 10 friend; SAVE: 4

This used to work fine but now no longer applies anything to other friendly PCs / NPCs. However, the Paladin gets multiple of these as they move:

FROMAURA;SAVE: 4

This error is generated in the chat window:

[ERROR] Unable to resolve CT effect application on node. (0)
    [ERROR] Unable to resolve CT effect application on node. (FROMAURA;SAVE: 4)

I removed all extensions except this one and the problem persists. I've created a new campaign, added just this extension and imported the same PC and it works fine.

I suspect this points towards something in my campaign being corrupt. This is for a 5E game that has been running for more than a year, I've transferred hardware twice and have experimented off and on with extensions. I've had minor hiccups here and there (which usually go away with a reboot) and am tempted to recreate the campaign rather than use a backup.

I'm not sure what I expect here. I guess I'm posting as an FYI and to see if anybody has advice on re-doing an existing campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post

This used to work fine but now no longer applies anything to other friendly PCs / NPCs. However, the Paladin gets multiple of these as they move:

Your effect syntax is wrong. It should be: AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 4

I don't believe this really an issue with 5E Aura Effects, but I have a Paladin in the Combat Tracker with the following effect applied:

I removed all extensions except this one and the problem persists. I've created a new campaign, added just this extension and imported the same PC and it works fine.

I suspect this points towards something in my campaign being corrupt. This is for a 5E game that has been running for more than a year, I've transferred hardware twice and have experimented off and on with extensions. I've had minor hiccups here and there (which usually go away with a reboot) and am tempted to recreate the campaign rather than use a backup.

I'm not sure what I expect here. I guess I'm posting as an FYI and to see if anybody has advice on re-doing an existing campaign...
    I have exact same issue, year old campaign - now unable to use auras as they keep stacking

Managed to fix this by deactivating the mod and reactivating - so yay

When I have had to reset the campaign I rename the folder, launch it, export all the areas to a mod file. I then create a new one, activate the mod file in the new campaign and copy over all the relevant parts. Then I import in the characters.

It takes time to rebuild it but it seemed to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    When I have had to reset the campaign I rename the folder, launch it, export all the areas to a mod file. I then create a new one, activate the mod file in the new campaign and copy over all the relevant parts. Then I import in the characters.

It takes time to rebuild it but it seemed to work for me.
    Nice! Hadn't even thought of doing it this way. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Your effect syntax is wrong. It should be: AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 4
    Hmmm...based on re-reading the first page, it does seem you are correct. I re-tested and now see it spit out:

FROMAURA; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 4

so it does seem this extension has its own suggested requirements. It doesn't fix my issue, just changes the error and effects slightly.

In my defense, I had built all of the effects myself. Per the effects coding syntax:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Word_on_Syntax

descriptions are generally the first part of an effect, thus I had kept the description first to clue in folks as to what the AURA effect was from. It seems this extension must take everything after the AURA section to create the FROMAURA effect on others.

Thanks for the report. I have rolled back the extension and will try to re-release v1.10 in the next week once I get the bugs ironed out.

@bmos there is an error applying auras to npcs added to the CT from the tab created by the friend zone by MeandUnique. Could you take a look at that to?

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    @bmos there is an error applying auras to npcs added to the CT from the tab created by the friend zone by MeandUnique. Could you take a look at that to?
    Is this using v1.9 which I just rolled back to?

Thread Information