FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 65 of 113 First ... 1555636465666775 ... Last
    Looks like there is conflict with polymorphism ext by SR and auras. When I dbl click to end the concentration of the polymorph spell I get an error: scripts/manager_combat.lua:98 attempted to index local 'nodeEffectList' (a userdata value)

Any thoughts if this can be resolved. I am going to post in polymorphism as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Looks like there is conflict with polymorphism ext by SR and auras. When I dbl click to end the concentration of the polymorph spell I get an error: scripts/manager_combat.lua:98 attempted to index local 'nodeEffectList' (a userdata value)

Any thoughts if this can be resolved. I am going to post in polymorphism as well.
    Yes. This is very well known.
    It's in the README:
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-Aura-Effe...main/README.md

and the Forge page:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/32/view

and has been discussed pretty thoroughly:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...morph-conflict

FG just isn't designed to function the way that Polymorphism functions and, unless it gets implemented differently (which SilentRuin has made it clear they aren't interested in doing), some extensions will have that error with Polymorphism.
    I have implemented a workaround but there are other things in the update that depend on the ruleset updates that will likely be released this coming week.
    So for now use the workaround in the thread if you must use the two together.
    Last edited by bmos; February 26th, 2022 at 20:07.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    It's in the README:

and the Forge page:

FG just isn't designed to function the way that Polymorphism functions and, unless it gets implemented differently (which SilentRuin has made it clear they aren't interested in doing), some extensions will have that error with Polymorphism.
    I have implemented a workaround but there are other things in the update that depend on the ruleset updates that will likely be released this coming week.
    Thank you. I totally missed this whole thing. Must have had tunnel vision. I appreciate the links.

First off let me say a big Thank You for your work on this extension. It's so nice!

I did a search in the thread and didn't find anything and I was hoping to see if something is possible with the Aura. The player has a sword that causes dragons to have disadvantage on attacks if within 30' (using 5E). So I tried some variants but nothing seems to work. Perhaps it is not possible.

AURA: 30 foe; Wrymslyr; IFT: TYPE(dragon); GRANTDISATK - I did this and it causes disadvantage to the dragon even if out of the range, the effect removes from the enemy but I assume since it is still applied to the character??

AURA: 30 foe; Wrymslyr; IF: FACTION(foe); IFT: TYPE(dragon); GRANTDISATK - I tried this but lost the grant of disatk.

Ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMLars View Post
    First off let me say a big Thank You for your work on this extension. It's so nice!

I did a search in the thread and didn't find anything and I was hoping to see if something is possible with the Aura. The player has a sword that causes dragons to have disadvantage on attacks if within 30' (using 5E). So I tried some variants but nothing seems to work. Perhaps it is not possible.

AURA: 30 foe; Wrymslyr; IFT: TYPE(dragon); GRANTDISATK - I did this and it causes disadvantage to the dragon even if out of the range, the effect removes from the enemy but I assume since it is still applied to the character??

AURA: 30 foe; Wrymslyr; IF: FACTION(foe); IFT: TYPE(dragon); GRANTDISATK - I tried this but lost the grant of disatk.

Ideas?

Thanks
    AURA: 30 foe; Wrymslyr; IF: TYPE(dragon); DISATK

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    It's in the README:

and the Forge page:

I am current using the workaround but was wondering if this is now updated since the ruleset was just updated or are you waiting on a different update for FG? Thanks!

So I have been going through a couple of modules and adding this effect to the NPCs that have an aura... and I think I might have missed it in the forum but...

How do you code an exception?

In Descent Into Avernus there are cultists with the Aura of Murder given all foes within 5' VULN: piercing. I can get that to work just fine... however there is an exception to this aura. "unless they have resistance or immunity to
    such damage." So there is a barbarian in the party and when they rage they obviously have resistance to piercing which would negate that aura effect so that they would retain their resistance. So do I use the IFT?

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    So I have been going through a couple of modules and adding this effect to the NPCs that have an aura... and I think I might have missed it in the forum but...

In Descent Into Avernus there are cultists with the Aura of Murder given all foes within 5' VULN: piercing. I can get that to work just fine... however there is an exception to this aura. "unless they have resistance or immunity to
    such damage." So there is a barbarian in the party and when they rage they obviously have resistance to piercing which would negate that aura effect so that they would retain their resistance. So do I use the IFT?
    Currently for your vuln coding, if they are already IMMUNE, then it wouldn't matter if you made them VULN or not, they would still be IMMUNE (as in not take damage)
    If you want to make something take damage you would need to use another EXT like Blissful Ignorance ext, where you can bypass it. Then you would run into the other problem you are stating. Which can likely be solved with some IF/IFT statements. Or maybe even settings in BI.
    As far as RESIST and this effect, it would currently make them RESIST the damage, which would be 1/2, then it would make them VULN making them take 2x the 1/2'd damage. Which also makes it weird rounding just FYI.

I'm not sure on your effect but you can do IFT: FACTION(!xyz) or IF: FACTION(!xyz)

I'm not sure you can make a custom IF for the aura, but for custom IF/IFTs you would do
    IF: CUSTOM(customeffectname); Effectstuff.

Hope that helps. That's where I would start.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I am current using the workaround but was wondering if this is now updated since the ruleset was just updated or are you waiting on a different update for FG? Thanks!
    It has been published.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post

Easy!
    When the effect shows up on the person who shouldn't get the effect, just turn the effect to OFF.
    Then, even if they move out of range it will not be deleted and it will keep the effect from being re-added in an ON state.
    I added this to the README.

Thread Information