FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 58 of 112 First ... 848565758596068108 ... Last
    I understand. I have gone over this many times with other GMS and within my group, and it is implied that a save is in need since Aura's are always active. Likewise, I will never pretend I know 5e in and out. Until last year, I haven't played DnD since early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by meadegendar View Post
    I understand. I have gone over this many times with other GMS and within my group, and it is implied that a save is in need since Aura's are always active. Likewise, I will never pretend I know 5e in and out. Until last year, I haven't played DnD since early 90s.
    There is no implied save. It is stating exactly what it's stating. If they are frightened of that pally in that aura they would have 0 movement and take some psychic damage.

Now if you want as a GM to run it differently in your world have at it.

I think the feature SAVEA from BCE would help you.

Thanks for the input. Really wasn't trying to get in a debate on how this works. Like I said not an expert by any means regarding 5e only going by what I was told and how it was explained to me. Now with that and the push from you DDT, think i will re-work it. Apparently I am not the only one that read that description differently. Appearently this Aura has been a top of conversation for sometime and some folks think it needs to be re-written,

I think I have found an issue. I am not sure how this version of auras interacts with conditions. So, maybe this working as expected?

It appears that Auras is skipping the IF when there is a condition after it and applying it to the source of the aura.

Test:
    NPC with IMMUNE: restrained

Add an effect:
    AURA: 10 all; Web; IF: FACTION(notself); Restrained

The Aura lands then it is applied to the NPC. Because it is immune it does not stick the condition and leaves an aura on the npc: AURA: 10 all; Web; IF: FACTION(notself)
    There are 2 outputs to chat to confirm the order of the actions.

This is implies the condition is effecting the source even though there is an IF: FACTION(notself)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Deleted
    Last edited by Maldev; September 19th, 2021 at 09:25.

In your two lines there is one difference: The first one is "...FACTION (notself)...", the second is "...FACTION(notself)...". That space between FACTION and the open parenthesis might be the problem.

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured it out during the post and tried to delete the post. Clearly I failed.
    Cheers

Would it be possible to suspend aura updates during token planned movement? With token lock on and a token with an aura makes a planned move and the GM accepts it, the token moves itself numerous spaces but the aura is updated each time along the way. This makes it a bit laggy as it passes by any other token. Similarly if the GM grabs an aura token and moves it around, it's laggy. Maybe we could hook into the Shift+Drag that applies to lighting sources, which prevents updates until the token is dropped?

Another option would be to leverage snapping (optionally) and only recalculate when the token is exactly on a snappable position.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    Would it be possible to suspend aura updates during token planned movement? With token lock on and a token with an aura makes a planned move and the GM accepts it, the token moves itself numerous spaces but the aura is updated each time along the way. This makes it a bit laggy as it passes by any other token. Similarly if the GM grabs an aura token and moves it around, it's laggy. Maybe we could hook into the Shift+Drag that applies to lighting sources, which prevents updates until the token is dropped?
    Perhaps! I'll take a look.

Thread Information