5E Character Create Playlist
Page 57 of 113 First ... 747555657585967107 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by meadegendar View Post
    that's what I get for not paying attention to the source. What I am using is Advance Effects, I purchase the Equip effects (grimm press) and Aura Effects. I was trying to find an example of structure to build the effect using the if statement. I assumed that would be needed since the aura is conditional based on wisdom save.
    As I posted in the other thread, this Aura doesn't do what you are saying it should do.

Having said that, check out Better Combat Effects EXT. It will have a lot of tools to automate some of the stuff you wanting to do.

Better combat effects might be of some help as well.

Edit: MrDDT beat me to it

Ok thanks I will look into that.

that's what I get for not paying attention to the source. What I am using is Advance Effects, I purchase the Equip effects (grimm press) and Aura Effects. I was trying to find an example of structure to build the effect using the if statement. I assumed that would be needed since the aura is conditional based on wisdom save. Still new to FG/FGU and trying to learn the forums. Spent the last year using Foundry VTT and time to change to a system that has all that I need to run my games.
    One of my GMs transitioned to Foundry from FG and I just started using Hero Lab rather than tracking anything in Foundry. So little functionality (at least for Pathfinder 1e) compared to FG (especially when using extensions here).
    I'm glad we could point you in the right direction

Yes thanks all for the help. I manage to come up with this and for the most part does what I was hoping. AURA: 10 foe; Aura of Conquest; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC] (R); Frightened So if fail on the save then frightened remains and any actions is with dis. Think what I need is a way to were a token comes with in 10ft then it auto rolls Wis sav. if failed then apply condition. Still have so work but found this to be rewarding. Using Aura effects and better effects to make this magic happen.

Yes thanks all for the help. I manage to come up with this and for the most part does what I was hoping. AURA: 10 foe; Aura of Conquest; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC] (R); Frightened So if fail on the save then frightened remains and any actions is with dis. Think what I need is a way to were a token comes with in 10ft then it auto rolls Wis sav. if failed then apply condition. Still have so work but found this to be rewarding. Using Aura effects and better effects to make this magic happen.
    This Aura of Conquest feature in 5E doesn't do this btw. You are clearly able to do however you want, but this feature as written shouldn't be doing it.

To get effects to cause a save right off the get go, you can use SAVEA

This is what I am trying to create Straight from the details of the Aura >> If a creature is frightened of you, its speed is reduced to 0 while in the aura, and that creature takes psychic damage equal to half your paladin level if it starts its turn there.

I am trying to get it to trigger a save when it comes into range. If failed then it becomes frightened. The next part I need to come up with is the psychic dmg part.

Here is the whole Text as written for Aura of Conquest >>> Starting at 7th level, you constantly emanate a menacing aura while you're not incapacitated. The aura extends 10 feet from you in every direction, but not through total cover.

If a creature is frightened of you, its speed is reduced to 0 while in the aura, and that creature takes psychic damage equal to half your paladin level if it starts its turn there.

At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.

This is what I am trying to create Straight from the details of the Aura >> If a creature is frightened of you, its speed is reduced to 0 while in the aura, and that creature takes psychic damage equal to half your paladin level if it starts its turn there.

I am trying to get it to trigger a save when it comes into range. If failed then it becomes frightened. The next part I need to come up with is the psychic dmg part.

Here is the whole Text as written for Aura of Conquest >>> Starting at 7th level, you constantly emanate a menacing aura while you're not incapacitated. The aura extends 10 feet from you in every direction, but not through total cover.

If a creature is frightened of you, its speed is reduced to 0 while in the aura, and that creature takes psychic damage equal to half your paladin level if it starts its turn there.

At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
    While I don't play 5E, I think you're misreading that.
    According to this, "As an action, you force each creature of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature becomes frightened of you for 1 minute. The frightened creature can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success."
    I believe the aura is just an additional penalty added to creatures as long as they have failed against Conquering Presence and are also within 10ft of you.

That is a separate feature using Channel Divinity. Aura of Conquest is a separate feature that is always active when the pally reaches 7th level. Just another means for that build to crowd control creatures.

In 5e Channel Divinities are different based on the Oath the Paladin takes. In this case Oath of Conquest, there Divinity is what you mentioned above. This is granted at level 3. At level 7, the Paladin is granted Aura of Conquest which is the info I provided. This Oath is based on fear and control.
    Last edited by meadegendar; August 27th, 2021 at 19:44.

That is a separate feature using Channel Divinity. Aura of Conquest is a separate feature that is always active when the pally reaches 7th level. Just another means for that build to crowd control creatures.
    Aura of Conquest has no listed save and specifically says "If a creature is frightened of you, its speed is reduced to 0 while in the aura, and that creature takes psychic damage equal to half your paladin level if it starts its turn there."
    So as far as I see, it's dependent on something else making the creature frightened (such as Conquering Presence or even an Intimidate check).

Thread Information