DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 55 of 113 First ... 545535455565765105 ... Last
    Aura Effect v1.6
    * Improve diagonal and large creature distance detection in FG Classic using code from GKEnialb's Token Height Indicator extension. Does not require that extension (which is FG Unity-only)
    Click here to see raw code changes

EDIT: As with v1.5, there is no benefit or detriment to using this with Unity. It performs the same as v1.4 in Unity.
    Last edited by bmos; August 6th, 2021 at 14:34.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Aura Effect v1.6
    * Improve diagonal and large creature distance detection in FG Classic using code from GKEnialb's Token Height Indicator extension. Does not require that extension (which is FG Unity-only)
    Click here to see raw code changes
    Does FGU people need this update?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    No, see last part here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...420#post614420

Though it doesn't hurt to download it But you can subscribe to it in the forge, then you won't need to figure out anymore whether or not you need to download a new version since updates happen automatically then

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    No, see last part here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...420#post614420

Though it doesn't hurt to download it But you can subscribe to it in the forge, then you won't need to figure out anymore whether or not you need to download a new version since updates happen automatically then
    Sounds awesome in theory, however, because this EXT is very picky, I like to know what is being changed. If 1.4 is currently working as intended. Updating to another version which I'm not sure if it will work or not and where their might be an error. I would rather know if it has any changes for FGU or not.

One of the major flaws of the auto update is it doesn't tell you which one is updated. You also can't pick it at the updater.
    So I have to turn off auto updating for and only updated it if I think its going to be something I need to update. Which in this case I would only know by reading the updates.

I love the option to autoupdate, I just don't like how its done well. You end up having to read about the changes (and issues or bugs etc) after you've already been "updated", without really know which one was updated. So when you have like 80+ exts and something is updated it can be a pain in the butt. Don't even get me started on EXTs that move from DATA folder to the VAULT to DATA to the VAULT without warning.

Don't even get me started on EXTs that move from DATA folder to the VAULT to DATA to the VAULT without warning.
    Hopefully this is not going to be an issue anymore since now that setting is for the entire ext rather than per-build.
    One of the major flaws of the auto update is it doesn't tell you which one is updated.
    Agreed! I'd love to have better feedback in that regard from the auto updater.
    As Kelrugem said (thanks Kel), no (although it works fine in FGU and behaves just like v1.4).

Sounds awesome in theory, however, because this EXT is very picky, I like to know what is being changed. If 1.4 is currently working as intended. Updating to another version which I'm not sure if it will work or not and where their might be an error. I would rather know if it has any changes for FGU or not.

One of the major flaws of the auto update is it doesn't tell you which one is updated. You also can't pick it at the updater.
    So I have to turn off auto updating for and only updated it if I think its going to be something I need to update. Which in this case I would only know by reading the updates.

I love the option to autoupdate, I just don't like how its done well. You end up having to read about the changes (and issues or bugs etc) after you've already been "updated", without really know which one was updated. So when you have like 80+ exts and something is updated it can be a pain in the butt. Don't even get me started on EXTs that move from DATA folder to the VAULT to DATA to the VAULT without warning.
    Certainly, it would be nice if the updater would show the name of the extensions/mod rather than their ID

I do not think though that one can completely avoid forums for extensions; for notifying about updates (especially their content) you still need to visit the forums, similar to FG updates. My personal wish is that there should be a FG pop-up, listing all updates (but if the forge is included in such a pop-up, then SmiteWorks would need to approve all the Forge's update texts which just add to the maintenance; hence, very unlikely that this will happen). Therefore no way around forums and then the only suggestion is to avoid using sooo many extensions in order to reduce the workload of checking updates and so on (though especially 5e users seem to have such an extreme number of used extensions; may be better to consolidate extensions into one, then the users have it easier to check forum threads and so on. But this is up to the devs)

With that I also want to say: Treat the forge updates like official FG updates. Do not update immediately, especially not right before a session. Try to read about updates before you update (this is how I do it; I always read the patch notes first)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 6th, 2021 at 12:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Treat the forge updates like official FG updates. Do not update immediately, especially not right before a session. Try to read about updates before you update (this is how I do it; I always read the patch notes first)
    My ideal UI for this would be for the updater to pop up a list of Forge updates. Each one could have a "forum link" button and an update button. There could also be an update all button for the lazy/optimistic.
    I think having a "forum link" would get around that issue of additional approval work since the forum already has moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    My ideal UI for this would be for the updater to pop up a list of Forge updates. Each one could have a "forum link" button and an update button. There could also be an update all button for the lazy/optimistic.
    I think having a "forum link" would get around that issue of additional approval work since the forum already has moderators.
    Oh, yes, that sounds nice We should maybe write that into the wish list of the forge (EDIT: Just added that to the wishlist of the forge )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 6th, 2021 at 13:43.

Hi,

you think it will be usefull to have a Word like document or Google doc for all working effect done by the community?

Do we have a list of aura effects anywhere so I don't reinvent the wheel.

Thread Information