DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 33 of 114 First ... 2331323334354383 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I have noticed this in non 5e rulesets. It's noisy but functional.
    In options there is this:

Looks like there was an attempt to stop the chat spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    In options there is this:

Looks like there was an attempt to stop the chat spamming.
    Thanks for the reminder. I had planned to remove that since I fixed the bug that it was added to work around, but I'll leave it for now. I've added it to the README.

Bumping my current version since discussion makes it disappear:
    Aura Effect v0.8
    * FACTION conditional now has "notself" option. IF: FACTION(notself) will be true for anyone but the person with the original AURA effect.
    * Token Locking should no longer be mandatory (although this is 'beta' for now and seems especially buggy in 5E when you move tokens quickly).
    Last edited by bmos; April 26th, 2021 at 20:59.

Just do it slowly/methodically for now. If you move faster than it can process the movement, you'll encounter this bug.
    Alternately, just use the previous version for now with 5E. EDIT: apparently this was a problem then also
    Just to follow up on this. As bmos wrote, moving slowly seems to be the trick. I was having my players move with the keypad but it still happened if they move to fast. They forget to follow my slow movement orders :-)

Thanks for the reminder. I had planned to remove that since I fixed the bug that it was added to work around, but I'll leave it for now. I've added it to the README.

Bumping my current version since discussion makes it disappear:
    Hi bmos, just curious as I found the discussion a bit confusing -- is your version for all editions (including 5E) or only for specific editions? Because I think I tried your version a few pages back and it didn't work for me, and I assumed it was for a non-5E version.

Quote Originally Posted by Rades View Post
    Hi bmos, just curious as I found the discussion a bit confusing -- is your version for all editions (including 5E) or only for specific editions? Because I think I tried your version a few pages back and it didn't work for me, and I assumed it was for a non-5E version.
    5E, 4E, 3.5E, PFRPG. Check the README and let me know what's going on. That being said, there is a rather big 5E bug that is discussed over the last couple of pages here (effects get added multiple times).

Related to the 5e bug: it seems it applies the effect for every move action. Too bad you can't check to see it is in the range of the aura and if true apply or if false remove.

I am sure I am over simplify the problem. I am no programmer so I am sure you have already looked at this.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Related to the 5e bug: it seems it applies the effect for every move action. Too bad you can't check to see it is in the range of the aura and if true apply or if false remove.

I am sure I am over simplify the problem. I am no programmer so I am sure you have already looked at this.
    That is exactly what it is doing. The issue is that it doesn't always know when the effect is already being added. I have a tentative plan but need to put time into fixing it. I'll get to it soon, hopefully.

I see. Looking forward to that fix. Thanks for the info and thanks for the effort on this!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I see. Looking forward to that fix. Thanks for the info and thanks for the effort on this!

Try this:
    Aura Effect v0.9
    * code improvements
    * Fix duplicate effects in 5E and excessive 'no effect found' messaging in all/most rulesets.

Ingenious!

It (v0.9) works perfectly!
    The movement is smooth and without any lags.
    60+ extensions loaded 5e FGU 4.1 TEST channel

You are my personal hero of calendar week 17!

Thread Information