FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 23 of 113 First ... 1321222324253373 ... Last
    I'm trying to make a Hive Queen that when bloodied would "cry for help" and give their children a buff, but it isn't working. Someone can help me if i'm messing the sintax or tell me if it's actually impossible to do it?
    IF: Bloodied; Crying of the Queen; AURA: 30 friend; DMG: 5; ATK: 1d4; CHECK: 1d4
    What's happening is that when her children when inside an 30 feet radius are receiving "FROMAURA: DMG: 5; ATK: 1d4; CHECK: 1d4", like the code is ignoring the "IF: Bloodied;" part.
    I also tried:
    Crying of the Queen; IF: Bloodied; AURA: 30 friend; DMG: 5; ATK: 1d4; CHECK: 1d4
    but it didn't work either.

Bloodied is not an FantasyGrounds status so you need

IF: CUSTOM(bloodied); ....
    or
    IF: CUSTOM(Bloodied); ....

The Word in the () must be exactly written as in the code when you apply it to your npc. (BloOdiEd) if you like.
    Last edited by MSW; April 6th, 2021 at 07:01.

Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    Bloodied is not an FantasyGrounds status so you need

IF: CUSTOM(bloodied); ....
    or
    IF: CUSTOM(Bloodied); ....

The Word in the () must be exactly written as in the code when you apply it to your npc. (BloOdiEd) if you like.
    It actually is. It's a conditional operator like ALIGN, SIZE, TYPE, Wounded and Bloodied-> https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

Edit: It looks like the AURA can't have a condition to be activated. It's always activated, ignoring the IF or the IFT
    Last edited by MestreDosGados; April 6th, 2021 at 14:42.

Quote Originally Posted by MestreDosGados View Post
    I'm trying to make a Hive Queen that when bloodied would "cry for help" and give their children a buff, but it isn't working. Someone can help me if i'm messing the sintax or tell me if it's actually impossible to do it?
    IF: Bloodied; Crying of the Queen; AURA: 30 friend; DMG: 5; ATK: 1d4; CHECK: 1d4
    What's happening is that when her children when inside an 30 feet radius are receiving "FROMAURA: DMG: 5; ATK: 1d4; CHECK: 1d4", like the code is ignoring the "IF: Bloodied;" part.
    The effect doesn't work with conditional modifiers unfortunately, so you'll have to just know when to add it.

My apologies if this has been asked and answered, I was browsing through the replies and didn't see it though. Is it possible to have an Aura that does one effect for friends, and a different effect for foes? I tried putting them together like this: AURA: 30 friend; Aura Name; ADVATK; AURA: 30 foe; Aura Name; DISATK. It looks like it only applies the first aura to friends and then stops. If I reverse the order, and put the foe Aura first, then it applies the aura to foes, but not friends. I know I could do this as two separate auras, but if there is a way to put them together into one that would be stellar!

I updated this extension for compatibility with the Feb 16th ruleset updates. User.isHost() is now Session.IsHost.
    It should also work in 4E, 3.5E, and PFRPG.
    EDIT: reuploaded to add 4E ruleset tag
    EDIT2: removed in favor of next update
    Last edited by bmos; April 8th, 2021 at 15:32.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I updated this extension for compatibility with the Feb 16th ruleset updates.
    Hey bmos, "IF: FACTION(foe)" Is this working in Pathfinder? I cant get the FACTION to work (keeping the aura effect off the caster) in 4e so wondering if this is calling some specific 5e code? Everything else is working, just this part has stumped me.

Edit: I have not tried your update. Will test it now.

Same issue:

AURA: 5 friend; Example; IF: FACTION(friend); ATK: 2

This gives a +2 to allies and to caster...
    Last edited by kevininrussia; April 8th, 2021 at 02:25.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Hey bmos, "IF: FACTION(foe)" Is this working in Pathfinder? I cant get the FACTION to work (keeping the aura effect off the caster) in 4e so wondering if this is calling some specific 5e code? Everything else is working, just this part has stumped me.

Edit: I have not tried your update. Will test it now.

Same issue:

AURA: 5 friend; Example; IF: FACTION(friend); ATK: 2

This gives a +2 to allies and to caster...
    Yes, it does that in PFRPG as well. I assumed that was normal behavior based on how the example effect is written.

I would write that as:
    ATK: -2; AURA: 5 friend; Example; ATK: 2
    Last edited by bmos; April 8th, 2021 at 03:21.

Yes, it does that in PFRPG as well. I assumed that was normal behavior based on how the example effect is written.

I would write that as:
    Yeah, thats what I have been doing.

When testing in 5E the IF: FACTION does keep the effect from applying on the caster.

I updated this extension for compatibility with the Feb 16th ruleset updates. User.isHost() is now Session.IsHost.
    It should also work in 4E, 3.5E, and PFRPG.
    EDIT: reuploaded to add 4E ruleset tag
    Thank you!

Thread Information