5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 112 First 12341252102 ... Last
    So a couple of things. Firstly you don't need to add FACTION(friend) to the allies, the FACTION() check is used for conditionals, like IF or IFT and will check their faction in the CT (friend/foe check regarding whatever faction the creature is in). Secondly your effect is just slightly off, it needs to be "AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 5" the ":" after "AURA" is important.

I've fixed the original post as I appear to have forgotten to put the : in there. Sorry about that everyone! You should be able to copy it now.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Oh I see now. I'll get on and give it another try.

Edit: That : fixed it. I'm also using dm tools to token stack/lock a aura token as a visual coupled with this truly is an awesome thing. Thank you again.
    Last edited by Beemanpat; May 5th, 2020 at 20:34.

Ok, that works. I just wanted to make sure I could get it to work before trying my own codes. I also only added the FACTION note when it wasn't working, just to make sure that wasn't the problem

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post
    Ok, that works. I just wanted to make sure I could get it to work before trying my own codes. I also only added the FACTION note when it wasn't working, just to make sure that wasn't the problem
    Fair enough, let me know if there's any issues you find, or have any suggestions. I'd love to see how people use it / what features/abilities/spells people are using this for. Outside of a few spells and Paladin's auras I'm not sure there's a lot of applications, but there's definite possibilities for adding hidden tokens that have an aura for something that's like poison gas and the like as well...
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Nice work Kent!

I am working on something similar (effect auras) tho a little different. Good stuff. Figuring out distance can be messy.

One of the other things I've worked on related to distance is to test if a token is "touching" (overlapping another token). Not entirely sure what im going to use it for but the prototype works. I was originally thinking of having a aura token "stuck" to another token and that aura token determines if something happens to those around them...or maybe use them for traps (pc moves into the tokens space).

I keep hoping FGU layers will make some of this easier.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post
    I tried that, but it didn't change anything. For testing I made a new campaign with aura effects as the only extension loaded (I used Lost Mines of Phandelver for simple pregens and maps). I added FACTION(friend) to the allies, and then added the sample aura you provided to the "paladin" while outside of the radius. I then moved the paladin into radius, and rolled some saves. It looks like it didn't parse in any of the initial information, and just gave the "paladin" SAVE: 5;
    Attachment 34921
    Attachment 34922
    Attachment 34923
    Attachment 34924
    Attachment 34925
    Good Day ScriedRaven
    It looks like you are missing the : between AURA and 10 friend, I have not tried this yet, but could that be it?

Ooops, looks like I missed all the rest of the post showing how to fix it...
    Last edited by Bonkon; May 5th, 2020 at 22:25.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Nice work Kent!

I am working on something similar (effect auras) tho a little different. Good stuff. Figuring out distance can be messy.

One of the other things I've worked on related to distance is to test if a token is "touching" (overlapping another token). Not entirely sure what im going to use it for but the prototype works. I was originally thinking of having a aura token "stuck" to another token and that aura token determines if something happens to those around them...or maybe use them for traps (pc moves into the tokens space).

I keep hoping FGU layers will make some of this easier.
    I assume you've seen DiabloBob's GMTools extension which does some token stacking and such? That looks pretty interesting, as far as testing if a token is overlapping you can look at distance calcs in this or in my sneak attack extension, you'd just have to adjust it a little bit. Of course everything assumes a grid is on the map.... if it's not all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmccullough View Post
    I assume you've seen DiabloBob's GMTools extension which does some token stacking and such? That looks pretty interesting, as far as testing if a token is overlapping you can look at distance calcs in this or in my sneak attack extension, you'd just have to adjust it a little bit. Of course everything assumes a grid is on the map.... if it's not all bets are off.
    I've looked at Bob's work and did some exploratory builds but... in FGC right now the token pile management... is messy.

The overlapping/touching testing is calculated based on X/Y cords of each token. So if their X or Ys touch at any point it's flagged. I didn't test it w/o grid but I don't see why it wouldn't work since it's based on cords... but it was just a prototype and I've not performed serious testing. Tho, im wondering if using distance work, would need to figure out size and distance and if the size intersected due to distance.
    Last edited by celestian; May 6th, 2020 at 15:08.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yeah I use distance based calcs for my things, and you could easily check if the distance is <= 0 instead of <= 1 in the case of better sneak attack, or pack tactics. (Although I think I add a float onto it because math is weird...) so I think I actually check like <= 1.1 or some such nonsense.

This extension is exactly what was needed. Good job.

Thread Information