FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 113 of 113 First ... 1363103111112113
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Automatic rolls are not part of this extension.
    It just applies auras based on proximity.
    Hmm, I had it automatic rolling... Maybe it was in conjunction with BCE. And with BCE it stopped?
    If you want it done
    I can do it
    If I can't do it
    I will get it done
    If I can't get it done
    You don't need it done

Good Day Chivalrious1
    Looking at the documentation for BCEG it shows for Spirit Guardians:
    Spirit Guardians; (C); AURA: 15 enemy,neutral,single; ($) Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(!self); SAVEA: [SDC] WIS (M) (H); SAVES: [SDC] WIS (M) (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant

That is with BCEG loaded.

When diagnosing problems with AURA/BCE(G), remember the following

Aura just defines an area of effect, nothing more. That means that everything after the AURA clause will be applied to tokens in the defined area. So if that isn't working correctly, then something is wrong with the AURA clause.

If the effect is applied correctly depending how your Aura area of effect is set up, AND the applied effect doesn't work like you want, then something is wrong with your BCE(G) coding, or any coding for that matter, doesn't have to be BCE(G).

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    When diagnosing problems with AURA/BCE(G), remember the following

Aura just defines an area of effect, nothing more. That means that everything after the AURA clause will be applied to tokens in the defined area. So if that isn't working correctly, then something is wrong with the AURA clause.

If the effect is applied correctly depending how your Aura area of effect is set up, AND the applied effect doesn't work like you want, then something is wrong with your BCE(G) coding, or any coding for that matter, doesn't have to be BCE(G).
    Yep. I went to the BCE forum and asked as well. Appreciate the support.
    If you want it done
    I can do it
    If I can't do it
    I will get it done
    If I can't get it done
    You don't need it done

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to FGU extensions so I don't really know how to search forums accurately so I apologize if this has been answered a trillion times but I can't seem to get the damaging auras work such as Spirit Guardians. I'm using the 5e ruleset and this effect; Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 !ally; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVES: [SDC] WIS (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C). and it won't roll the save or damage automatically. The basic Paladin aura of protection seems to work fine just not spirit guardians specifically.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by DontEatNails View Post
    Hi there,

I'm pretty new to FGU extensions so I don't really know how to search forums accurately so I apologize if this has been answered a trillion times but I can't seem to get the damaging auras work such as Spirit Guardians. I'm using the 5e ruleset and this effect; Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 !ally; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVES: [SDC] WIS (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C). and it won't roll the save or damage automatically. The basic Paladin aura of protection seems to work fine just not spirit guardians specifically.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Above is posted the updated coding. It requires BCE or BCEG extension and AURA EFFECTS extension.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post714759

Ah thank you very much! I saw that part of the thread but was worried that having the BCE extension wouldn't work as I used the code from the original post for Spirit guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEO: wisdom DC 17 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 necrotic; (C) and it also wasn't working. So if I grab that other extension that should solve the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by DontEatNails View Post
    Ah thank you very much! I saw that part of the thread but was worried that having the BCE extension wouldn't work as I used the code from the original post for Spirit guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEO: wisdom DC 17 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 necrotic; (C) and it also wasn't working. So if I grab that other extension that should solve the issue?
    The coding you just listed requires a diff ext.

I would suggest using (BCE or BCEG) and AURA EFFECTS. With the coding I gave.

Ah makes sense!

So I installed, and updated BCEG and used the coding you gave, I then put the effect on a friendly player and it still isn't applying the damage onto a foe. I appreciate your help with this cause I feel like I'm missing something obvious and being a bit of a bother because of it!

EDIT: Scratch that; it seems like it decided to work suddenly!
    Last edited by DontEatNails; April 30th, 2024 at 02:03.

Thread Information