FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 113 First ... 9101112132161111 ... Last
    I've been testing this in Unity for my upcoming game. I noticed that it is not triggering the effects when a player moves their token. But it does trigger when a DM moves either the PC or NPC token.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I've been testing this in Unity for my upcoming game. I noticed that it is not triggering the effects when a player moves their token. But it does trigger when a DM moves either the PC or NPC token.
    comment out these lines:

--if not nodeCT.isOwner() then
    -- return;
    --end

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    comment out these lines:

-- return;
    --end
    Well, that's helpful. Why is this there if it makes it not work in Unity? Seems like a super simple fix.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    comment out these lines:

-- return;
    --end
    Hmm, that didn't do anything for me. Still have the same issue where the DM still needs to move the token with the aura a little to update the surrounding tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
    Well, that's helpful. Why is this there if it makes it not work in Unity? Seems like a super simple fix.
    That check drastically increased performance during initial testing as it was checking for every single person logged into the session, doing it over and over and over (our first game with it with 6 players slowed to a halt once an aura was put up.) When I've got a chance to properly work on this and test with unity I'll figure out how to make sure it's working and not terrible to actually use as well. Life has been busy alas.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

I will have to continue to play around with different spells where it makes sense to use this ext but I just tested it as a DM for the Chill Touch cantrip. In the spell it says:

If you hit an undead target, it also has disadvantage on attack rolls against you until the end of your next turn.

The original effect applies this disadvantage if you remember to use the targeting feature to designate that specific undead as the one you hit with the chill touch, using "[TRGT]; GRANTDISATK". This also assumes that when you target that creature that it is in fact, undead or that the DM checks for you because the code doesn't actually check the type.

If you forget to use the targeting feature to designate that specific undead, you can instead use aura with the following effects (it's useful because you have to manually apply effects and damage after doing the attack roll onto a target):

For the target of the spell - Chilled; IFT: TYPE(undead); Chilled
    For the caster of the spell - AURA: 120 foe; Chill Touch; IFT: CUSTOM(Chilled); GRANTDISATK; [SELF]

Both effects work as long as you know how enough about FG to apply them correctly but really this was a chance for me to test my coding skills and practice using auras. I will probably use the original effect but it was good to see it working for me.
    Last edited by Shireling; September 9th, 2020 at 09:26.

Will this Aura extn be supported by ‘5E Effects coding....’ modules from rob2e. Plus MadNomads ‘Auto Actions Tab Additions’. Plus CAE DMTools drag spell token.

It all begins to cascade quickly doesn’t it.

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    Will this Aura extn be supported by ‘5E Effects coding....’ modules from rob2e. Plus MadNomads ‘Auto Actions Tab Additions’. Plus CAE DMTools drag spell token.

It all begins to cascade quickly doesn’t it.
    Kent is part of Rob2e's group and I did hear that he may be tying it into Diablo Bob's Token stuff so my guess is that this is a yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shireling View Post
    I will have to continue to play around with different spells where it makes sense to use this ext but I just tested it as a DM for the Chill Touch cantrip. In the spell it says:

The original effect applies this disadvantage if you remember to use the targeting feature to designate that specific undead as the one you hit with the chill touch, using "[TRGT]; GRANTDISATK". This also assumes that when you target that creature that it is in fact, undead or that the DM checks for you because the code doesn't actually check the type.

If you forget to use the targeting feature to designate that specific undead, you can instead use aura with the following effects (it's useful because you have to manually apply effects and damage after doing the attack roll onto a target):

For the target of the spell - Chilled; IFT: TYPE(undead); Chilled
    For the caster of the spell - AURA: 120 foe; Chill Touch; IFT: CUSTOM(Chilled); GRANTDISATK; [SELF]

Both effects work as long as you know how enough about FG to apply them correctly but really this was a chance for me to test my coding skills and practice using auras. I will probably use the original effect but it was good to see it working for me.
    Careful with the Chilled effect, as it is you have Chilled; IFT: TYPE(undead); Chilled -- This will result in Chilled always applying since that's the name part you put before the IFT. You could do NOTE: Chilled, or NAME: or basically anything with a : after it.

@EllivasKram when I can finalize the extension into a 1.0 that's working well I expect we'll be incorporating it into Rob's spell module. I'm hoping to work something out between DiabloBob and I to have some automation, but that's more of a after 1.0 version thing.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Has anyone tried to use this to automate the Wisdom check for the Turn Unholy Channel Divinity for the paladin? Is there a way to target specific types of NPCs beyond just Factions - fiends and undead?
    Last edited by Shireling; September 10th, 2020 at 19:23.

Thread Information