STAR TREK 2d20
Page 109 of 113 First ... 95999107108109110111 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    I'm unsure if this is related to the Effect Builder extension or the Complete Offensive Package, but I thought I would post it here for info.
    I get this console pop-out error when using effect builder to build an Aura effect
    Script execution error: [string "FG-Aura-Effect:..r/effects/scripts/AURA.lua"]:9: attempt to index global 'effect_auraCube' (a nil value)

Effect builder would assemble AURA this way, which no longer shows colors correctly.
    AURACOLOR: white; AURASHAPE: circle; AURA: 11 all; Aura of Good

However, manually using the syntax as posted in the COP seems to have side-stepped this issue for the time being
    AURA: 11 all color[white]; Aura of Good

This format is working however
    Looks like the Effect Builder ext needs to be updated. the most recent COP - AURA release got rid of the AURACOLOR and AURASHAPE effect types, they are no longer needed. The functionality can be done purely in the AURA definition as descriped in the COP-Aura manual
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Looks like the Effect Builder ext needs to be updated. the most recent COP - AURA release got rid of the AURACOLOR and AURASHAPE effect types, they are no longer needed. The functionality can be done purely in the AURA definition as descriped in the COP-Aura manual
    AFAIK the effect builder extension has nothing to update. Extensions that want to have compatibility with it have their own files (see mine here) which define the syntax for their effects. Probably the author of COP just needs to update those definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    This is still not showing up in Legacy PF2 campaigns.
    I have pushed a fix.
    Looks like when I rolled back the fixes from Ryan back in mid Nov I also reverted the PFRPG2-Legacy patch. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    AFAIK the effect builder extension has nothing to update. Extensions that want to have compatibility with it have their own files (see mine here) which define the syntax for their effects. Probably the author of COP just needs to update those definitions.
    I am the author of the COP ext and I have never included anything for the Effect Builder syntax, so I dont know where its coming from.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Sorry for lack of clarity.
    auraCube is from Aura Effects and has now been fixed, but the other part:
    Effect builder would assemble AURA this way, which no longer shows colors correctly.
    AURACOLOR: white; AURASHAPE: circle; AURA: 11 all; Aura of Good
    would be relying on your extension having added support.
    so i have no idea why that would ever have been working

I am trying to use an aura effect to place a label on a certain type of creature within the aura effect.

Speak with Sharks : Adaros can communicate telepathically with sharks to a distance of 100 feet. This communication is limited to simple concepts, such as “attack”, “come”, and “defend”.

So I tried the following setup. Shark is not a creature type so in this case I tried IFTAG: shark

AURA: 100 all; IFTAG: shark; Telepathic Link

this applied " IFTAG: shark; Telepathic Link" to all NPCs within 100 feet

I am looking for a way to have an aura test an IF statement to anything (or a select group, like ally, foe...) within the aura range and only apply the IF result if it is true.

Is something like this doable? I actually have several different places I would like to be able to do this.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I am trying to use an aura effect to place a label on a certain type of creature within the aura effect.

Speak with Sharks : Adaros can communicate telepathically with sharks to a distance of 100 feet. This communication is limited to simple concepts, such as “attack”, “come”, and “defend”.

So I tried the following setup. Shark is not a creature type so in this case I tried IFTAG: shark

I am looking for a way to have an aura test an IF statement to anything (or a select group, like ally, foe...) within the aura range and only apply the IF result if it is true.

Is something like this doable? I actually have several different places I would like to be able to do this.

No, the foe/all/friend etc will be the only thing you can do to limit what it can go on at all. There is no way to do an IF statement in that part of it for a creature type. (shark isn't even a "type" of creature)
    You can have the second part use an IF statement, but it will apply the "note" in this case.

As MrDDT says, this is not possible.
    I have added it to the Issue tracker as a potential future enhancement.
    https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Dev...fect/issues/35

While others have correctly stated that "shark" is not a creature type you should be able to just add the Shark (or any other custom condition) label to the NPC in the Effects section of the combat tracker. Then you can put the aura effect the character that has the ability:

IFT: CUSTOM(shark); AURA: 100 all/ally/foe; Telepathic Link - command attack, come, and defend (or something similar)

If you are using the Advanced Effects extension you can also add the condition label from the PC or NPC card and it will automatically add the tag to the character in the combat tracker when you the character is added to the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by claedawg View Post
    While others have correctly stated that "shark" is not a creature type you should be able to just add the Shark (or any other custom condition) label to the NPC in the Effects section of the combat tracker. Then you can put the aura effect the character that has the ability:

IFT: CUSTOM(shark); AURA: 100 all/ally/foe; Telepathic Link - command attack, come, and defend (or something similar)

If you are using the Advanced Effects extension you can also add the condition label from the PC or NPC card and it will automatically add the tag to the character in the combat tracker when you the character is added to the CT.
    Do note that this does not stop the effect from being place on all creatures it only would stop or allow the effect condition to apply or not apply.
    So all creatures would still get the note that he is applying.
    Also the way you have it. Would not be how you would want to do it. Pretty sure this is not a good option for what they are trying to do. This coding would make many auras effects notes.

If there was really an effect coding other than a note it might be worth the trouble to set something like that up. However they are really only applying a note.
    Real effect coding I mean like a bonus to hit or adv or something.

Thread Information