Starfinder Playlist
Page 102 of 112 First ... 25292100101102103104 ... Last
    I posted v2.0-hotfix.1 which should resolve cwright45's issue.
    If you manually downloaded the ext from GitHub, you should delete it from the extensions folder and run the Forge update to ensure you get the new version.

I will change from Friend and Foe to Ally and Enemy. Thanks for the recommendation and the hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by cwright45 View Post
    I will change from Friend and Foe to Ally and Enemy. Thanks for the recommendation and the hotfix.
    Really depends on how you set your game up.

Are neutrals allies of red faction? or green faction? As this can cause some mix ups, I posted above a list of how I look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    As this can cause some mix ups, I posted above a list of how I look at them.
    For easier reference:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    ***Example***
    PCs are normally set to friendly/green. NPC monsters are normally set to foe/red. NPCs non monsters (like a bartender) would be set to neutral/yellow/faction, and completely Unknown Creatures/Things would be set to non-faction/blue.

ALLY = creatures matching same faction as you.
    -Example of ALLY as if aura effect is placed on each of these types named to the left and who would get the "FROMAURA" is the second part of the list.
    In this case;
    PCs (friendly/green) would be allies "ALLY" to ONLY PCs (friendly/green);
    NPC monsters (foe/red) would be allies "ALLY" to ONLY NPC monsters (foe/red);
    NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction) would be allies "ALLY" to ONLY NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction);
    Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue) would be allies "ALLY" to ONLY Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue);

ENEMY = creatures opposing faction (friend vs foe only)
    -Example of ENEMY as if aura effect is placed on each of these types named to the left and who would get the "FROMAURA" is the second part of the list.
    In this case;
    PCs (friendly/green) would be the only enemies "ENEMY" to NPC monsters (foe/red);
    NPC monsters (foe/red) would be the only enemies "ENEMY" to PCs (friendly/green);
    NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction) would have NONE matching;
    Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue) would have NONE matching;

!ALLY = creatures not matching your faction (AKA old AURA system = foe)
    -Example of !ALLY as if aura effect is placed on each of these types named to the left and who would get the "FROMAURA" is the second part of the list.
    In this case;
    PCs (friendly/green) would be not-allies "!ALLY" to everyone EXCEPT PCs (friendly/green);
    NPC monsters (foe/red) would be not-allies "!ALLY" to everyone EXCEPT NPC monsters (foe/red);
    NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction) would be not-allies "!ALLY" to everyone EXCEPT NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction);
    Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue) would be not-allies "!ALLY" to everyone EXCEPT Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue);

!ENEMY = creatures who are friendly to your faction (foe vs friend only)
    -Example of !ENEMY as if aura effect is placed on each of these types named to the left and who would get the "FROMAURA" is the second part of the list.
    In this case;
    PCs (friendly/green) would be not-enemy "!ENEMY" to everyone EXCEPT NPC monsters (foe/red);
    NPC monsters (foe/red) would be not-enemy "!ENEMY" to everyone EXCEPT PCs (friendly/green);
    NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction) would be not-enemy "!ENEMY"" to EVERYONE including same faction (neutral/yellow/faction);
    Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue) would be not-enemy "!ENEMY" to EVERYONE including same faction (non-faction/blue);

I've recently implemented an Aura Effect for one of my players. The effect works on foes like they should; however, the effect is also affecting them. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

DnD 5e Ruleset
    Fantasy Grounds Unity through the website
    Aura Effects extension through the Forge

Effect code:
    AURA: 10 foe; SAVE: -1d4; CHECK: -1d4

When my player rolls a save/ability check, they get a -d4. The aura is applying only to enemies and not the other player characters as intended.

-----
    Separate question as I've read there is a hotfix in the forum: Do I need to download that hotfix or will it automatically update since I purchased it through the Forge?

Quote Originally Posted by citan108 View Post
    I've recently implemented an Aura Effect for one of my players. The effect works on foes like they should; however, the effect is also affecting them. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    -----
    Separate question as I've read there is a hotfix in the forum: Do I need to download that hotfix or will it automatically update since I purchased it through the Forge?
    Try this:
    AURA: 10 foe; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVE: -1d4; CHECK: -1d4
    Sometimes Forge updates get 'stuck.' Just check the message that shows up in chat when you open it if you want to know which version you have.

Works like a charm, thank you! And it seems like I have the latest version of the effect.

Hate to resurrect Spirit Guardians again
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; TEST; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC](H)(C); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant
    Am I right in thinking we still do not have a coding using Auras and BCEG to handle when a foe FIRST enters the Aura?
    I recall it being mentioned that we would need to set a flag for them first entering and test for that flag being set in case of multiple entries in the round
    Has anyone tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    Hate to resurrect Spirit Guardians again
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; TEST; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC](H)(C); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant
    Am I right in thinking we still do not have a coding using Auras and BCEG to handle when a foe FIRST enters the Aura?
    I recall it being mentioned that we would need to set a flag for them first entering and test for that flag being set in case of multiple entries in the round
    Has anyone tried that?
    To my knowledge no one has come up with a good solution to differentiate when someone enters the aura vs when the aura is moved on top of them

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    To my knowledge no one has come up with a good solution to differentiate when someone enters the aura vs when the aura is moved on top of them
    Seems super simple to me. If the non aura token is moving then its the one entering the aura. If the token with aura is moving then the aura has moved on top of them. You can store what last moved from onMove and check it when aura is triggered. If not token with aura the token moved into it. Otherwise the other way around.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information