5E Character Create Playlist
Page 20 of 112 First ... 1018192021223070 ... Last
    I don’t believe this works in unity yet…

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    I don’t believe this works in unity yet…
    It has always worked in Unity, and it continues to work with the new update to the rulesets yesterday.

You are correct, if the DM moves the tokens. I should have been more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    You are correct, if the DM moves the tokens. I should have been more specific.
    Or using locked tokens correct. It's always worked like this in Unity.

I can confirm that with the most recent FGU update, this extension works in Unity.
    Last edited by kalaolani; February 18th, 2021 at 04:43.

Any headway on allowing the aura to update when the player moves the token without being locked?

We see there's a wealth of discussion around token lock, which impacts adding/removing the effect on entering or exiting the aura.

However, one of the example spells used at the outset of this thread is Spirit Guardians. That spell also includes "...when the creature enters the area for the first time..." (which, I imagine would apply to many monster fear auras, as well). Is there a way to use the Aura to trigger this initial saving throw roll on entering the aura? As we have it now (see below) the saving throw only triggers for the "begins in the aura".

( AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEO: wisdom DC 17 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; Speed halved; (C) )

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    We see there's a wealth of discussion around token lock, which impacts adding/removing the effect on entering or exiting the aura.

However, one of the example spells used at the outset of this thread is Spirit Guardians. That spell also includes "...when the creature enters the area for the first time..." (which, I imagine would apply to many monster fear auras, as well). Is there a way to use the Aura to trigger this initial saving throw roll on entering the aura? As we have it now (see below) the saving throw only triggers for the "begins in the aura".

( AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEO: wisdom DC 17 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; Speed halved; (C) )
    I honestly can't imagine how hard it would be for the system to identify first time application per turn. And if it is the enemy moving into it or the Aura Moving onto the Enemy. Remember it doesn't trigger if you walk the aura over them.

Right, that was our thought too.

When the "foe" enters the aura it is successfully applied. [And, as the lengthy token lock conversation explained, it removes it if the DM moves the foe or PC (and thus the aura).] However, it doesn't trigger the expected save (and thus damage) until round 2 (assuming the foe begins its turn with the aura in place).

For now, my PC and I, assume he'll need to roll that initial 'on entry/application' cast manually - not the end of the world. But, if someone else knows a means to modify the effect so it does both initial and ongoing casts, we figured it's better to ask. :P

I will like this even more when diagonal's will be counted as 10 feet away. I am loving this though as I have finally discovered it. It will make some of my players with auras happy.

Thread Information