5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 40 of 112 First ... 3038394041425090 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    If you're using my version, you can add IF: FACTION(notself) before the effects to do that.
    Does your version work when players move their tokens? Does it have the same restrictions as Kent's? Namely, if I recall, token locking must be off? And, most importantly, works with Unity?

Quote Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
    Does your version work when players move their tokens? Does it have the same restrictions as Kent's? Namely, if I recall, token locking must be off? And, most importantly, works with Unity?
    Version 1.0 works when players move their token (no token lock). Works in Unity. It’s awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Version 1.0 works when players move their token (no token lock). Works in Unity. It’s awesome!
    SoxMax and I have worked around that limitation and others. It's Unity-only:

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    For the 4.1 release of FGU we have a 1.0 version of Aura Effects which when used together should resolve any unlocked token movement issues people were running into. You can find it on Github or NexusMods
    Last edited by bmos; May 18th, 2021 at 14:40.

Is this working with lighting, I have two characters that loose sight when the auras drop - one is the paladin - they are the only characters that require a torch (no dark vision)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Is this working with lighting, I have two characters that loose sight when the auras drop - one is the paladin - they are the only characters that require a torch (no dark vision)
    Does clicking on their token restore their sight?

clicking on their token has no effect, however making the non-paladin active player in the combat tracker does restore their sight.

Now that there aren't excessive messages going to chat, is there any desire to keep the option to hide chat messages based on faction?
    It would reduce the code size a bunch to remove this, but if it's still being used then it should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    clicking on their token has no effect, however making the non-paladin active player in the combat tracker does restore their sight.
    Thanks for that clarification; I will look into why this is happening

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Now that there aren't excessive messages going to chat, is there any desire to keep the option to hide chat messages based on faction?
    It would reduce the code size a bunch to remove this, but if it's still being used then it should stay.

Thanks for that clarification; I will look into why this is happening
    I don't need that option.

About the lighting issue. It might be related to the bug reported here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...yer-don-t-work

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    About the lighting issue. It might be related to the bug reported here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...yer-don-t-work
    I think this may be the cause as when I was briefly looking at the problem this morning I was able to replicate the same problems without the extension. That said it seems like Aura Effects is exacerbating this problem as effects are potentially being applied/removed as part of normal movement.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    I think this may be the cause as when I was briefly looking at the problem this morning I was able to replicate the same problems without the extension. That said it seems like Aura Effects is exacerbating this problem as effects are potentially being applied/removed as part of normal movement.
    Reading through that chain looks exactly like what the issue is - I agree the adding/removing the auras effects is just causing it to show up more... It only seemed to affect the players that were getting lighting from an effect - If they had it defined in their senses it was working great.

There were a couple work arounds noted - I observed another last night - will be testing it more tonight...

1 - Reshare the map - Players effect vision (torch) back on for the PCs
    2 - Click on the "Friendly Faction" on the CT - Player effect vision (torch) back on for the PCs
    3 - Make the affected character the "current active player" on the CT - Player effect vision (torch) back on for the PCs

I had two players relying on the Torch effect from the effects button (top right buttons) - they appeared to be the only players affected - when it fixed one it appeared to fix both...

Thread Information