STAR TREK 2d20
Page 112 of 112 First ... 1262102110111112
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    If the token moves out of the aura before the save roll resolves, it won't do any of the follow up because the effect is already gone and there is nothing for it to do. Perhaps that is what is happening.
    With my SW5E mines I treat that as if the mine started to acquire the target but lost it.

Aura has always worked this way.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hey there, folks.

Currently using 5e Aura Effects in a PF2e game with this Aura: AURA: 10 friend; Marshal's Aura; SAVE: 1 circumstance,will,fear

It works great, but I've been using it with Auras Visualized, which was recently updated to include color tags - like blue, red, green, etc. like this: AURA: 10 friend blue; Marshal's Aura; SAVE: 1 circumstance,will,fear

I don't know if a fix is appropriate in 5e Aura Effects or in Auras Visualized (so I will post in both threads) - but when the color tag is added, it no longer respects the 'friend' directive in the code - it just changes the color of the visible aura.

Just thought I'd let you know - lots of folks use the two of these nice extensions together, and might want to be able to change the color from the default white to something else while still taking advantage of targeted groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides Ghola View Post
    Hey there, folks.

Currently using 5e Aura Effects in a PF2e game with this Aura: AURA: 10 friend; Marshal's Aura; SAVE: 1 circumstance,will,fear

It works great, but I've been using it with Auras Visualized, which was recently updated to include color tags - like blue, red, green, etc. like this: AURA: 10 friend blue; Marshal's Aura; SAVE: 1 circumstance,will,fear

I don't know if a fix is appropriate in 5e Aura Effects or in Auras Visualized (so I will post in both threads) - but when the color tag is added, it no longer respects the 'friend' directive in the code - it just changes the color of the visible aura.

Just thought I'd let you know - lots of folks use the two of these nice extensions together, and might want to be able to change the color from the default white to something else while still taking advantage of targeted groups.
    try adding a comma between friend and blue like this

Code:
    AURA: 10 friend,blue; Marshal's Aura; SAVE: 1 circumstance,will,fear
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Coolness, that works. My bad, such a simple solution. I'll delete in the other thread.

First, apologies if I'm making a user error.

- RULESET: D&D 5E
    - ACTIVE EXT: just this one by itself (but also tested with many others, including Auras Visualized)

When I run this extension (alone or with others), the "cube" isn't respected, and (in fact) when I add < , cube > to the effect it doesn't apply the Aura at all. If I remove the comma and leave "cube" it works, but remains a circle.

AURA: 10 ally, cube; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 3; RESIST: necrotic

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    First, apologies if I'm making a user error.

- RULESET: D&D 5E
    - ACTIVE EXT: just this one by itself (but also tested with many others, including Auras Visualized)

When I run this extension (alone or with others), the "cube" isn't respected, and (in fact) when I add < , cube > to the effect it doesn't apply the Aura at all. If I remove the comma and leave "cube" it works, but remains a circle.

AURA: 10 ally, cube; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 3; RESIST: necrotic
    I looked into this just now and it IS actually working but it seems like the distance calculation is incorrect for cubes.
    I used this effect: AURA: 20 all, cube; test

After re-reading the documentation, this is normal.
    cube Default auras are spheres. The length of the side of the cube is defined by the aura value. In the case of the example, the length of a side of the cube aura is 10. AURA: 10 all,cube; ATK: -5
    Last edited by bmos; March 18th, 2024 at 00:45.

Thread Information