STAR TREK 2d20
Page 78 of 112 First ... 2868767778798088 ... Last
    Looks like ongoing saves effects is throwing an error. Try not loading that one

Quote Originally Posted by Treolias View Post
    [8/8/2022 6:08:48 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_ose.lua"]:64: attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)

Is this a simple case of "too many extensions running simultaneously"......or something else?
    getActorFromCT was an old function that has been removed from the ruleset. Either you're running an old version of OSE or it's no longer maintained/compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Treolias View Post
    Howdy! I'm also struggling with getting the aura effects working correctly, but so far I've not come across a fix that works yet...specifically the "Spirit Guardians" effect which has been mentioned in this thread often. I'm trying to decipher the error code so I can maybe troubleshoot the issue further.

The effect code I have at the moment is:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)

I have the following extensions running:
    Effect Builder v1.7.1
    Effect Builder Plugin - D&D 5e / PFRPG Effects v0.6.0
    Better Combat Effects v2.56
    Ongoing Save Effects - Extension v2.0 5E version for Fantasy Grounds
    Aura Effects v1.11

Here's the error I'm getting when I try to implement this:

[8/8/2022 6:08:48 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_ose.lua"]:64: attempt to call field 'getActorFromCT' (a nil value)

Is this a simple case of "too many extensions running simultaneously"......or something else?

Please advise.
    You are using an old copy of Ongoing saves, they on v2.3 now.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

I'm having trouble finding v2.3 on the DMsguild website.....the one I see has no version number that I can find.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/312...g-Save-Effects

Or is there some way to choose a specific version that I'm not seeing yet.

Just download the current version. Be sure there isn’t an older version with a different name in your extensions folder, as FG will pull the oldest version. DMs Guild is notorious for changing the names of the files from time to time.

Will AURA ever be able to be used with other effects preceding it that have more than 1 space-delimited parameter?
    LIGHT for example needs at least 2 parameters to function: LIGHT: range type and can have many parameters LIGHT: rangeMin/rangeMax color animation speed which are all space-delimited and don't work with commas.

Currently, effects like:
    LIGHT: 25 ffed75; AURA: 15 all; IF: TYPE(undead); DISATK; DISCHK;
    won't work, since AURA won't parse with a 2-parameter space-delimited effect in front of it, and putting the LIGHT after the AURA will cause all creatures in the aura to have light.
    Having to separate this into two different effects can be annoying for players who control the activation of their own items and auras.

Some other examples of effects that use multiple space-delimited parameters and won't work in front of an aura:
    DMG: 1d6 radiant;
    SKILL: 5 athletics;
    These ones do work with comma-delimitation, but are more commonly seen written as space-delimited.
    Last edited by GEONE; August 12th, 2022 at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    Will AURA ever be able to be used with other effects preceding it that have more than 1 space-delimited parameter?
    Done!
    Thanks for the information, that made it easier to resolve.

Found this strange issue with auras. I am not currently updated so this is not an issue with the update. This was happening last weekend and I just got time to test it.

I have an aura set to 1 min dur self and whenever another friendly gets the aura and stays within the radius, the aura will tick down a turn and add another instance of it to the friendly. This is new behavior. In the shot, I added the aura in round 0 and it fired correctly on the caster. In round 1 I moved the friend in and it got the aura. At the end of its round it fired and then it added another instance (one D:10 the other D:9). Maybe this is expected?

Only running BCEG, Auras, and token height, Tested it without using BCEG and I have the same issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nephranka; August 16th, 2022 at 15:02.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Found this strange issue with auras. I am not currently updated so this is not an issue with the update. This was happening last weekend and I just got time to test it.

I have an aura set to 1 min dur self and whenever another friendly gets the aura and stays within the radius, the aura will tick down a turn and add another instance of it to the friendly. This is new behavior. In the shoot, I added the aura in round 0 and it fired correctly on the caster. In round 1 I moved the friend in and it got the aura. At the end of its round it fired and then it added another instance (one D:10 the other D:9). Maybe this is expected?

Only running BCEG, Auras, and token height, Tested it without using BCEG and I have the same issue.
    Weird! I'll try and test for that soon.

Thread Information