5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 101 of 112 First ... 519199100101102103111 ... Last
    Finished performance testing today. Looks a lot better.
    Red is the time it takes to run handleTokenMovement in v2. Blue is the time it takes to run it in v1.23. This represents how much time the code spends calculating auras at each step along the token's path.

For those interested in how I measured this, I queued up locked movement like this:

Then I used this performance measuring code to send time measurements to the console.

Here is a test copy of v2-rc.1 that doesn't use the getChildList function from v4.3.3 so you can try it out on LIVE
    It's currently not compatible with BetterCombatEffects
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; February 1st, 2023 at 14:26.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Here is a test copy of v2-rc.1 that doesn't use the getChildList function from v4.3.3 so you can try it out on LIVE
    It's currently not compatible with BetterCombatEffects

v2-rc.1 seems to not recognize friends from foes.... this gets applied to all tokens in a 30 foot range "AURA: 30 friend; Holy Aura (C); ADVSAV; GRANTDISATK"

Thanks for catching that.
    Here's rc.3 modified for the LIVE version of FG
    It should be compatible with BetterCombatEffects(Gold) now.
    Last edited by bmos; February 3rd, 2023 at 12:18.

Aura Effect v2.0
    Substantial code rework. Removed almost 200 lines of code and broke up the codebase into 4 scripts to handle various aspects and make finding/contributing/updating code much easier.
    Updated Effect Builder support to handle the new factions and relationships added previously.
    Substantial performance improvements.
    Better triggering of aura calculation (such as "IF: Blinded; Aura: 5; test" now recalculating when Blinded is added/removed).
    Moved "All" settings for Silent Auras option to beginning of the list
    Click here to see raw code changes
    Last edited by bmos; February 6th, 2023 at 12:47.

Aura Effects is working fine for 1 Aura on a character's Paladin. But with more than 1 Aura characters get (many) duplicate effect listings that do not disappear when the character moves out of range of the Aura. Using Forge version of Aura Effects. Also, tried the Aura Effect v2.0 above had same problem.
    Last edited by cwright45; February 5th, 2023 at 16:27.

Quote Originally Posted by cwright45 View Post
    Aura Effects is working fine for 1 Aura on a character's Paladin. But with more than 1 Aura characters get (many) duplicate effect listings that do not disappear when the character moves out of range of the Aura. Using Forge version of Aura Effects. Also, tried the Aura Effect v2.0 above had same problem.
    1. Which ruleset are you using?
    2. What are the aura effects you're putting on the paladin? (a screenshot of the combat tracker would be ideal)
    3. Have you tried removing all the FROMAURA effects? v1.22 required this and you may have missed that.
    Last edited by bmos; February 5th, 2023 at 18:28.

I am using 5E ruleset. The v1.22 hotfix seems to have fixed the issue. FYI, the paladin 3 auras are: AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 4 / AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Warding; REIST: spell / and AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Courage; IMMUNE: frightened.

Quote Originally Posted by cwright45 View Post
    I am using 5E ruleset. The v1.22 hotfix seems to have fixed the issue. FYI, the paladin 3 auras are: AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 4 / AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Warding; REIST: spell / and AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Courage; IMMUNE: frightened.
    If you've read the previous pages in this you should realize friend should probably be changed to ally - but to be honest I'm not positive you can't still use friend in some cases.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    If you've read the previous pages in this you should realize friend should probably be changed to ally - but to be honest I'm not positive you can't still use friend in some cases.
    As SilentRuin point out, Friend, Faction, Foe, call all still be used, but they now target specific factions.
    Ally and Enemy target relationships (so you can write effects for abilities and spells and not worry about who they're going to end up attached to).
    This is not the cause of the reported issue, but it's a good thing to point out.

Thread Information