FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 112 First ... 513141516172565 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Rades View Post
    I'm noticing though that this seems to clash with the IF: FACTION() feature of the extension.
    Indeed it was! Thanks for catching that. I've uploaded a fixed version of my fix that should hopefully stop breaking that.

FYI for anyone checking the code: Now in total I've changed lines 90 and 115 (maybe should have done that before) from string.match(s,s) to string.find(s,s,1,true), and I've removed the gsubs from line 99 that were adding escape characters to parentheses.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kiqjaq; November 13th, 2020 at 11:08.

For some reason I'm struggling with what seems a very simple use case. The monster that I am using has a very simple if a PC is within 10 ft. of it, they should take 1d6 fire damage. I thought it would be as simple as:

Code:
    AURA: 10 foe; DMGO: 1d6 fire;
    This doesn't seem to work though, the creature gets the following FROMAURA:
    Code:
    FROMAURA:DMGO 1d6 fire;
    However it doesn't cause the damage to be applied to that creature. What's worse is the original AURA causes the damage to be applied to the person with the AURA, I believe that it's just parsing the DMGO and applying it.

Am I missing something obvious? Does anyone have an example of a simple damage aura?
    Last edited by Korav; November 21st, 2020 at 16:10.

I think you'll need something like this (if I'm reading things correctly from the first post):

AURA: 10 foe; IF: FACTION (friendly); DMG: 1d6, fire.

The faction bit might be (foe); I'm not sure if the FACTION bit looks at who has the aura and decides whether the actor is friendly or for to it or whether friendly is always a PC and foe is always an NPC, or whether it is determined by the status of the actor on the CT (that is if it's green it's friendly etc).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zaccheus, while yours isn't exactly right, it got me pointed in the right direction. Strangely I think part of my challenge was not having a "name" for the effect. This is what ended up working for me:

AURA: 10 foe; Flaming Aura; IF: FACTION(foe); DMGO: 1d6 fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Indeed it was! Thanks for catching that. I've uploaded a fixed version of my fix that should hopefully stop breaking that.

FYI for anyone checking the code: Now in total I've changed lines 90 and 115 (maybe should have done that before) from string.match(s,s) to string.find(s,s,1,true), and I've removed the gsubs from line 99 that were adding escape characters to parentheses.
    Does that mean it works in Unity now?

It does work in Unity; although it doesn't in the campaign I ported over from Classic. But testing in a new campaign it seems to work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My experience is that Aura Effects works in FGU, but there are some "gotcha's".

1) This works without issue for the GM regardless of whether or not Token Locking is enabled.
    2) Token Locking must be enabled for the AURA to apply the FROMAURA effect when a character moves in or out of the AURA.

If a character does not have the FROMAURA effect due to moving around without Token Locking enabled, but then enters the AURA prior to Token Locking being enabled, the AURA will not be present. To work around either have the player move to the same space, or the DM needs to move then move back the player.

The reverse is also true, meaning if they have the FROMAURA effect when Token Locking is disabled, then it will remain until the GM moves them or they move again with Token Locking enabled.

It is slightly tedious to manage, but it's honestly better than managing the effects of the AURA itself.

Is there a way to make this work for square areas? I'm planning to make it work with spell AoE effects.

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare View Post
    Is there a way to make this work for square areas? I'm planning to make it work with spell AoE effects.
    Right now there is not, I am planning on adding options in for that kind of thing with the 1.0 release though.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Thread Information