5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 6 of 113 First ... 456781656106 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kentmccullough View Post
    I played with the visualizations part a bit and ultimately decided to just use DM Tools by DiabloBob since he handled it in a much nicer way than anything I was trying.
    Hey, kentmccullough, since you mentioned DM Tools, is your extension also not compatible with Styrmir's 5e Combat Enhancer? I'm aware that many extensions aren't...
    Thanks!

The majority, if not all of Kents extensions, are compatible with Combat Enhancer Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by pablomaz View Post
    Hey, kentmccullough, since you mentioned DM Tools, is your extension also not compatible with Styrmir's 5e Combat Enhancer? I'm aware that many extensions aren't...
    Thanks!
    There really should be some sort of framework for everyone to use so that everyone knows everything is compatible.

I noticed in unity tonight that the buff does not get removed when they move away. just fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    I noticed in unity tonight that the buff does not get removed when they move away. just fyi.
    Thanks, I have to look into unity testing and compatibility a bit more still.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Soooooooo. I hate to tell you this, cause all programmers, (especially me) hate it. BUT it was intermittent. I could not nail down when it did it, and when it didn't. Sorry. And after last night we are going back to classic the performance is too crap right now.

I figured out how to resolve my 2 Paladin Aura issue for the time being.
    I have two Paladins. Sebastion with a +4 Cha mod, and Kurn with a +3 Cha mod
    Their auras look like this:
    AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 3; Kurn
    AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: 4; Sabastion

I then placed a non-aura affect on everyone that looks for both custom conditions to be true and subtracts 3 out, it looks like this:
    IF: CUSTOM(Sabastion); IF: CUSTOM(Kurn); SAVE: -3
    Tested it out, seems to work fine

Very cool extension, I love it! I'm super excited to use this to create terrain "creatures" like a magic pillar or altar that grants damage resistance or immunity to fire, etc, when creatures are standing next to it. I think this opens up tons of map/terrain possibilities to really incorporate the surroundings into a fight. (Also, if you use the Enhanced Images extension that makes three image layers, it is quite nice to see that you can make one such "terrain NPC" and drop it on a lower layer so it can't be accidentally dragged around, and it still properly applies the aura effects to creatures on the top layer.)

You mentioned possibly splitting the grouping of foe/red and neutral/yellow creatures, and I would love if this was possible. Quite often I will have town guards, civilians or allied NPCs - creatures the PCs don't want to kill - be neutral on the combat tracker, as I don't want PCs to be able to see their hit points. So sometimes I would want to exclude neutrals (from say an ongoing flame damage aura) but on the other hand sometimes I would want to include them (for example a regeneration aura). I believe I could use FACTION(!foe) for the regen option, but if I am understanding right there's currently no way to do the foe/red-only flame aura that wouldn't affect neutrals?
    Last edited by Rades; June 5th, 2020 at 01:06.

You can make the aura foe type and check faction for foe to include only red I believe. Including neutrals as well as friends is tougher, you’d have to have two auras one friends and one foe. The for one would have to check faction for neutral. I haven’t tested and it’s been a little bit since I looked at this code, but that should work.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Thread Information