DICE PACKS BUNDLE

7th Combat Tracker questions

Hi, I may be expecting too much of the combat tracker functionality in CoC, but does it automatically calculate and apply the bonus damage of Hard/Extreme successes? Does it recognize a major wound? Can you drag Dodge onto an attacking token? Are semi-auto/auto penalties etc manually applied outside the tracker? Is there a CT tutorial anywhere?

Thanks
    M
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Games - Savage Worlds, 5e, Traveller, RMC (MERP)
    Lover of old school RPG: Traveller, MERP, RMC, Cthuthu

Hi,

I can (I think) answer some of those:

It would only be an extreme success (critical hit) that you would get bonus damage on and CofC in FG does (partly) register this. Whenever a player scores an Extreme success with an attack their is a tiny icon in the bottom left, a '+' with what may be a blood drop beside it and this will light up red whenever they score a Crit. If this is highlighted red then when they roll damage they won't actually roll, they will just automatically score the max damage for that weapon. That is fine with melee but for a bladed/bullet (Impale) Crit Hit the damage should be Max damage for weapon plus an extra damage roll, the extra damage roll for a bullet/bladed Crit has to be rolled again just as a normal damage roll.

The CT does recognise a Major Wound, it will be pointed out in the Chat window with the wound that causes it and a red checkmark shall appear on the PC/NPC's character tab in the CT between their 'Init' and ''HP'

Regarding dragging Dodge onto an attacking token I don't believe you can but Dodge does just require the player to double click it on their character sheet so I'm not sure I can see how dragging it onto a token would be preferable?

The semi auto/auto penalties you have to manually control, the Player should click on the appropriate 1P/2P, plus HRD or EXT icons before each shot in a semi auto or auto volley sequence.

I do not know of a YouTube style CT tutorial but Fantasy Grounds College is an outstanding resource, it's Discord is really helpful, you'll almost certainly be able to find someone there who can do a quick CT tutorial with you.
    Last edited by vincentprice; May 4th, 2020 at 14:17.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin153 View Post
    Hi, I may be expecting too much of the combat tracker functionality in CoC, but does it automatically calculate and apply the bonus damage of Hard/Extreme successes? Does it recognize a major wound? Can you drag Dodge onto an attacking token? Are semi-auto/auto penalties etc manually applied outside the tracker? Is there a CT tutorial anywhere?

Thanks
    M
    Hey Martin153

I dont know the rule for Hard Success?
    Extreme Success will automatically make the damage roll max. Then roll damage a second time.
    Yes it recognises Major Wounds.

I dont understand dragging Dodge?
    Dodge is not a targeted action. Attacker Rolls, Defender Rolls. Keeper adjudicates.

In the rulebook you have rules for Full Auto, Burst Fire and Semi Automatic.
    Fantasy Grounds doesnt know which one you are going to use or the range that you are from your attackers.
    You determine the type of attack, determine the required roll - eg none or one or two penalty dice, regular or hard or extreme difficulty and then you roll appropriately.
    If you have an Impaling or Extreme Success you Shift+Damage and it will do the mac damage and then you roll Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentprice View Post
    Whenever a player scores an Extreme success with an attack their is a tiny icon in the bottom left, a '+' with what may be a blood drop beside it and this will light up red whenever they score a Crit. If this is highlighted red then when they roll damage they won't actually roll, they will just automatically score the max damage for that weapon. That is fine with melee but for a bladed/bullet (Impale) Crit Hit the damage should be Max damage for weapon plus an extra damage roll, the extra damage roll for a bullet/bladed Crit has to be rolled again just as a normal damage roll.
    The extra damage is calculated correctly (with the extra roll) if the weapon is marked as an Impaling weapon. To do this, you can add Impales to the comments in the weapon dialog, or if it is an NPC, the damage is in the format <damage>|db|Imp
    where db is added if the weapon adds damage bonus and Imp is added if it is an impaling weapon.

e.g.
    Club: 1d6|db
    Knife: 1d4|db|Imp
    Pistol: 1d10|Imp

Thread Information