FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    PC Spacecraft Sheet

    Afternoon Folks,

    Been working today on the PC sheet, cos wanted to do something that wasn't conversion, wasn't data entry and wasn't tweaking something.

    I've built an extension, i'll be attached when I'm happy with it.

    Here's an image of the sheet layout, I think I've got everything in the right place and so I've contacted Dan to create the additional tabs.

    PCSpacecraftWIP.jpg

    This week coming I'm back at work (boo!), and so in the evenings finishing up some CoC books that I started months and months ago, I honestly think that MGT2 has come on a lot over the last few months so I can take a week off

    Let me know how you think the PC spacecraft sheet should work and I'll see what I can do. As it 'is', you can drag this onto the Spacecraft CT.

    I plan to allow you to drag a Spacecraft (say Far Trader) and it'll build the basic sheet for you. That'll save the boring entry of Systems, this'll happen soon.

    Weapons. This will read the systems and try and parse through any weapon, though note that the weapon text varies a lot inside High Guard/Pirates of Drinax etc, so I need to have a proper think.

    Crew. Crew requirements are one thing, actual Crew is another. Crew Members are the PC's, you'll assign a PC to a particular crew position (a bit like in Starfinder), however I do need to have a think as to how this will work with the CT.

    Cargo. Three sections here, Cargo, this will allow manual addition for the time-being and it will then show up on the Party Sheet under Cargo. The same goes with the Ships Locker. Craft are there, as I'll allow (for the moment) you to drag and drop the other ships/vehicles (ie Launch, Air/Raft, etc).

    Notes. Here I've put the monthly costs and allowed text entry for the rest.

    As my brain does, it's also think we have a Status Tab, on this page we'd show the Current Hull Points, plus list any/all damage and critical damage.

    Anyway it's dinner time here, post that film night and well, I might be back in a while.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  2. #2
    Yeah, that looks pretty good as a layout, one minor point about power, could these be switchable between off & on for those ships with more systems than actual power. Will you be able to assign crew positions? perhaps with skills needed?
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    Yeah, that looks pretty good as a layout, one minor point about power, could these be switchable between off & on for those ships with more systems than actual power. Will you be able to assign crew positions? perhaps with skills needed?
    In fact, the Harrier is a great example of a ship with not enough power to handle all the systems at once.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    In fact, the Harrier is a great example of a ship with not enough power to handle all the systems at once.
    I'm working with Two ships, the Scout-Courier that we all know and love, and The Harrier (from Pirates) for the initial dev, as you say the Harrier has a 260 power plant, but the holographic hull alone uses 100, so not enough power. Not sure how to have on/off working and what affects what though. That one requires a really hot cup of tea to help solve.

    Regarding Crew. The idea is via the Party Sheet you'll have a list of the Craft you have showing a 'button' for each crew position (as per Starfinder) you then drag your character over to the crew position and that toon will then be a Crew Member. If you're the Pilot, the idea is that when it comes to Init for the Ships, that player will be able to roll their Pilot and add the effect (either way) to the ship for that round. Something like that.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  5. #5
    lawsonj2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bourne, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    5
    Hi MBM,

    Is the party/PC spacecraft sheet still being worked on, or is it being rolled into a 1.2.x version? It sounds a really good idea, particularly with the ship's locker functionality as well as cargo etc.

    Cheers,
    James

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonj2019 View Post
    Hi MBM,

    Is the party/PC spacecraft sheet still being worked on, or is it being rolled into a 1.2.x version? It sounds a really good idea, particularly with the ship's locker functionality as well as cargo etc.

    Cheers,
    James
    Hi Chap,

    How's life in Bourne, not far from my sisters and my old stomping ground.

    Yes is the answer, in the v1.1.4 thread I've said that once that's released it's full speed ahead on the Spacecraft CT updates, which will soonish be released as extensions for people to play with/test.

    Taking a bit of time off Traveller over the next few days, but 1.1.4 is well underway.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  7. #7
    lawsonj2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bourne, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    5
    Awesome. Keep up the great work, it’s much appreciated. Enjoy your time off, get some of the sun! Nice and hot here in Bourne! Where’s your old stomping ground?

    J

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonj2019 View Post
    Awesome. Keep up the great work, it’s much appreciated. Enjoy your time off, get some of the sun! Nice and hot here in Bourne! Where’s your old stomping ground?

    J
    Haha not enjoying the Sun, it burns us, burns us!

    Used to live in Peterboghorror, I used to visit Stamford/Market Deeping to see friends, even go further upto Lincoln for others if the trains were running late, many moons ago.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  9. #9
    I'm curious about how you're going to implement starship combat. It has been a while since I read through the M2E rules, but from what I remember facing is not a factor (unlike Starfinder) because the assumption is that Traveller starships use maneuvering thrusters to spin and bring weapons to bear. "Movement" is essentially managing the relative distance between your ship and any other ships. Starship combat, it seemed to me, to be VERY lethal if played exactly by the rules, especially if one ship is outfitted better than its opponent. :-)

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by gaaron_g View Post
    I'm curious about how you're going to implement starship combat. It has been a while since I read through the M2E rules, but from what I remember facing is not a factor (unlike Starfinder) because the assumption is that Traveller starships use maneuvering thrusters to spin and bring weapons to bear. "Movement" is essentially managing the relative distance between your ship and any other ships. Starship combat, it seemed to me, to be VERY lethal if played exactly by the rules, especially if one ship is outfitted better than its opponent. :-)
    Since these are licensed products the end result generally matches the letter of the rules.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in