FG License: Paid (Unity)
Time Zone: Australian Eastern (Melbourne). Note: We do daylight savings here, so the time will bounce around out-of-sync with the northern hemisphere.
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Prefer weekends. Ideally Sunday late morning/early afternoon. But flexible.
Term: Prefer long term, but happy to have go at one shots and published campaigns.
Voice: Yes. Video would be fine, too. Skype, Hangouts, Zoom, Discord, ... It seems I'm getting more video conferencing tools on a regular basis these days!

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E. Or 3.5. I could go back to 2.0, but adjusting to THACO might take me a while.
Game System Experience: Played D&D 5E for about 2 years (weekly). Played and ran campaigns in 3.0, 3.5. Played Live Action Masquerade back in the day, some TMNT for fun, a bit of Call of Cthulu. Generally prefer D&D though.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Brand new. Decided to have a go as social distancing has brought in-person events to a halt.

Character Type Preferred: No strong preference. Usually a Good-aligned "accidental hero" rather than something edgy or Chaotic Neutral insanity.
About me: I'm an American living in Melbourne, Australia. 45 years old. Other than that, I'll run through the template (I'm the type of person who reads and follows templates, if that's any indication!):
1. What type of game do you like to play? i.e. Heavy combat, heavy roleplay, lots of out of character joking, or must everything be in character, or anything and everything in-between. In the middle somewhere. I'm looking to have enough RP to reinforce that this is a RPG not a tactical boardgame. I prefer characters to stats and abilities but it's nice to have a character who's effective - either in or out of combat. I don't min-max my characters, prefer something realistic with strengths and flaws.
2. You don't have to share what you don't want to share, this is the extra bit that may help a potential GM see if you might fit the group already in the game. I'm generally easy going, would likely have a beer during the game, work with data and computers, and don't need drama other than the fun RP type. Big fan of communication and empathy.
3. You can go into more detail here about your previous RPG experience if you want. I've done a mix of GM-ing and playing, mostly D&D. Recently played in Curse of Strahd and started Tomb of Annihilation and Descent into Avernus. Tomb was postponed due to the GM having RL issues, Descent was stopped due to social distancing. Looking to see how online gaming works after checking some reviews.
4. We gamers take many forms and sometimes things just don't mesh well, that happens. Indeed! Happy to play as a guest/travelling companion/hireling to start to check if it's a fit.
5. This section may help prevent some of that, but misses can still happen. As I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, would appreciate a "session zero" first to ensure I know how this thing works and have an informal chat to check the fit. And I'd appreciate any tips on how you use the software before starting your game. I'm working my way through the introductory documentation -- if only my work had this much documentation! -- but I'd ask for your patience as I get up the learning curve.