5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Dices' color

Dices' color

Hello, i want to know if it might possible to use three dices at the same time but each dice have a color (exemple a red dice, a blue dice and a yellow dice).
    Thank.

Yes, but you would have to code it into the roll script to do so. If you check out CoreRPG's game elements file, they will provide the die reference for each color that is available.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    Welcome Kolimar. Since you asked int eh workshop, I think folks are assuming you want to know how to code this or write an extension to do this. As mentioned, it can be done.

But, if you are just looking at your table and see the dice and want to pick up a couple of D6s and have them be different colors, most rulesets don't support that. Each character can have their own die color, but for most rulesets, all dice rolled will be of that one color.

Let us know if you need more info.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for your answers. My goal was to have different colors of D20. I would like to play The dark eye's game and for that system we must throw 3D20 for three attributes' check. I would like change the color of the dice for an aesthetic's reason (my players are beginners).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolimar View Post
    Thanks for your answers. My goal was to have different colors of D20. I would like to play The dark eye's game and for that system we must throw 3D20 for three attributes' check. I would like change the color of the dice for an aesthetic's reason (my players are beginners).
    You have quite a few attributes - I think you would confuse people more than help them with 6 or 8 different dice colours.
    The Dark Eye extension reports all the dice results for you pretty clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The Dark Eye extension reports all the dice results for you pretty clearly.
    Yes it does... :-)

And soon will be a lot easier to translate roll result text too!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have a homebrew system in which characters have a dicepool where they may roll against an aptitude (red), training (blue), gift (purple), and/or include unskilled dice (black).

The color here is super helpful, because the color of the die helps you keep track of which stat you're rolling against. Playing around with fate, I can trigger the result in the chat window to show the different colors for each die... but I was wondering if it was possible to change the colors of the 3d dice to match.

For example, if I'm rolling against an aptitude and using 2 unskilled dice, see 1 red and 2 black 3d dice being rolled. Also, would it be possible to have the dicebox at the bottom show four, 6-sided dice in the different colors for rolling manually?

Well if they play like Star Wars EotE dice, then you can check out those projects on the forums for ideas on how they accomplished adding those in. But colored dice are accessed by changing the 'd' to the color for the dice. So a p6 is purple d6, and another example is g10 is a green d10. Just replace the string with a colored dice string.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks, I've picked up on the names for the colored d6s. But when I replace the definition of the several many sided dice in the core ruleset, for example, and add in d6, r6, b6, p6, for example, I get one single black die in the dice tray. I experimented with the fate ruleset (since that uses only 6-sided dice) but I had mixed luck (dice can show up colored in the chat, but the 3d dice remain black).

I've tried downloading someone's version of the Genesys ruleset, but it didn't seem to register.
    Last edited by Yorick Tome; October 1st, 2020 at 01:27.

Thread Information