STAR TREK 2d20

drag and drop equipment for npcs

I am a noob to both fantasy grounds and starfinder trying to put together a little game for my friends, and I'd like to make some npc's for them to shoot and rob, like you do. I'm trying to scratch build a faction, but i can't seem to drag and drop equipment such as arms and armor to my npc's. The sheet is unlocked, and should be ready to receive information, but when i drag the icon nothing appears.

I've searched the forum, using relevant keywords, with no success. I've checked the fantasy ground wiki, and hit youtube looking for tutorials. While I'm certain that this must be user error, I am a bit stumped. Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

It is common practice for developers to not have item drops to be available for NPC records. NPC records are set up to parse the text that is copied from stat blocks to quickly set them up and run them through combat. PCs are different in that regard and will have linked inventory for more control and enhanced record keeping. If you would like them to be able to be dropped then an extension would have to be made.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

thanks

Thanks for the time and explanation. I've figured out how to do it manually so that each weapon and it's damage registers, I just have to do it individually for each weapon. It makes what should be easy into a bit of a slog, but I seem to have a bit of time on my hands at the moment so that's fine.

For some rulesets being able to add a weapon directly to a NPC would be a nice feature. For others, Starfinder and Pathfinder 2 for example, the NPCs don’t always have attack/damage entries that mirror the weapon used - they have damage progression based on their level and combat ability. Sometimes the combat stats are similar to the weapon used, often they aren’t.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information