DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    One of my players is using Linux, too. I set up a virtual Windows machine on my Synology NAS for him to remote into. Works quite well with Classic, Unity is too much for the weak NAS processor. In the end your player could set up a virtual machine on her Linux computer and just run Windows inside of that.

Just a follow-up.

Our second Fantasy Grounds Session (6th session total, including our Session Zero) went swimmingly. I was kind of intimidated the first session, partly for being an inexperienced DM, and partly because I'm inexperienced with FGU. But I think I'm getting the hang of both, a lot.

Every time there was a moment of dead air, I was worried I was not entertaining my players, that they'd get bored while I loaded battles up or read through bits when I couldn't remember if that door was locked or trapped, but they stuck by me like champs.

I do have a somewhat overzealous player that likes to explore a bit too far without waiting up for me (or the rest of the party, hah), so one of the features I'm most waiting to come to unity is one Classic already has, and that's the "Lock Tokens" thing. Other than that, I am very happy with FGU. Even in Beta, it's exceeded expectations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarteck View Post
    I do have a somewhat overzealous player that likes to explore a bit too far without waiting up for me (or the rest of the party, hah), so one of the features I'm most waiting to come to unity is one Classic already has, and that's the "Lock Tokens" thing. Other than that, I am very happy with FGU. Even in Beta, it's exceeded expectations.
    When this comes up, I always recomend that you let the players move as they want out of combat. If they move 'too fast' and leave the party behind, thats fine. Just have an over powered encounter ready to drop on the map. All you have to do is say, "ok, hold on a moment, Speedy has encountered something." Then you drop the dragon, lich, or storm giant on the map and CT and let the players run away (or engage in combat and die). Then don't have it follow the party and it's gone when the party returns together.

Your players will quickly learn not to be Speedy.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    When this comes up, I always recomend that you let the players move as they want out of combat. If they move 'too fast' and leave the party behind, thats fine. Just have an over powered encounter ready to drop on the map. All you have to do is say, "ok, hold on a moment, Speedy has encountered something." Then you drop the dragon, lich, or storm giant on the map and CT and let the players run away (or engage in combat and die). Then don't have it follow the party and it's gone when the party returns together.

Your players will quickly learn not to be Speedy.
    Speedy is kinda being one of those gotta go fast guys, and he's... not stealthy... and opens unlocked, untrapped, non-magical, regular wooden doors with a sledgehammer when the party wants a bit more reconnaissance...

I've been a bit lenient, but maybe I do need to put the fear of death into him. Have him wander off, put the rest of the party in battle, give him a chance to see the traps I know he probably won't look for, get impaled on spikes in a 10-foot pit trap. Druid and Bard will be too busy fighting to save his life, hope he saves versus the poison so he's not paralyzed and easy food for the diseased GIant Rat...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarteck View Post
    I've been a bit lenient, but maybe I do need to put the fear of death into him. Have him wander off, put the rest of the party in battle, give him a chance to see the traps I know he probably won't look for, get impaled on spikes in a 10-foot pit trap. Druid and Bard will be too busy fighting to save his life, hope he saves versus the poison so he's not paralyzed and easy food for the diseased GIant Rat...
    I'd suggest the first time you are not lenient isn't deadly, but a solid learning lesson that next time it might be deadly. Remember, when you change the way you have NPC's behave or how things happen, you have to give the players a chance to learn you are changing things up. Don't punish, instruct

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information