FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    When rolling a toughness check I'm a little confused. An unmodified toughness roll goes against a damage dc of 15 in the chat, but if I add a modifier to it then it changes the modifier to the toughness roll AND the damage DC. So do we ignore the degrees of success or failure in the chat and figure it out ourselves or will there be a way to add what the toughness dc is or have modifiers not affect that the dc. I did a basic roll (+1 toughness), a +2 modified roll, and a +5 modified roll just to show what I mean in the picture.

screenshot0001.png

I was trying to add the damage rank of a power as a negative modifier to the toughness roll to even out the DC 15 automatic adjustment but then it added to both the toughness roll and the DC
    Last edited by Saeval; May 6th, 2020 at 19:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    When rolling a toughness check I'm a little confused. An unmodified toughness roll goes against a damage dc of 15 in the chat, but if I add a modifier to it then it changes the modifier to the toughness roll AND the damage DC. So do we ignore the degrees of success or failure in the chat and figure it out ourselves or will there be a way to add what the toughness dc is or have modifiers not affect that the dc. I did a basic roll (+1 toughness), a +2 modified roll, and a +5 modified roll just to show what I mean in the picture.

screenshot0001.png

I was trying to add the damage rank of a power as a negative modifier to the toughness roll to even out the DC 15 automatic adjustment but then it added to both the toughness roll and the DC
    That looks like a bug. If you're only entering a modifier once, having it apply twice is clearly not right.

Were you using the modifier box in the bottom left of the UI just before making the Toughness Roll?

Yes. I was hoping that the damage dc for toughness would stay a static 15 and I could tell my players to just subtract the damage modifier from toughness checks to get the degree of success or failure. But then it added modifiers to the dc as well as the toughness roll itself. The first roll was with the NPC static +1 toughness, the second one was with a +2 in the modifier box and the third one was with a +5 in the modifier box.

Automating to-hit rolls only needs to check against the targets defense, which is defined in the attackers end and can be quickly cross referenced because everyone has the same defense types (dodge, parry, toughness, etc. )

It's a lot harder to automate resistance rolls because there are an infinite number of sources that the system needs to add 15 to get the DC.

I wish I was a programmer so I could figure out the best approach for the system.

I’m ok with manually doing toughness checks. I wish there was an option to put in the damage rank (or power rank for a save) before rolling or just adding it as a negative modifier to the toughness or save check so it still comes out to the same math when going against a dc15 (or 10 save) check

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    I’m ok with manually doing toughness checks. I wish there was an option to put in the damage rank (or power rank for a save) before rolling or just adding it as a negative modifier to the toughness or save check so it still comes out to the same math when going against a dc15 (or 10 save) check
    Manually entering the roll seems like the only option. It's not enough to "Target" your Attacker and roll Toughness.

If there was a way for an attack to apply a notification requiring a Saving Throw in response (using D&D/Pathfinder terms), that would be awesome.

"Roll [Toughness] to Resist Against [Power Lord's Damage 12 Cosmic Blast]"

I'll look into it and see why the DC is pulling in the modifier instead of the roll.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

If automatic could be made rollers choice on the fly, that would be cool.
    But this probably comes too late.

Please check out the stickied thread at the top of this forum. It has the most up to date information related to the test version. The original combat system is in place and the same automation from the Live version is there.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Cool. All the drag and drop powers and everything?

Thread Information