5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    FGU Versions

v1.1 added. fix lots of small bugs and tweak sizes
    I am getting confused regarding creating an extension that actually works.

I have downloaded your Font-Roboto-FGU.ext and I can install it into the extensions folder and it works perfectly, showing up on the list of extensions and mods.

My problems start with extracting the files in your ext, making no changes, but simply re-zipping them into a zip and changing the .zip to .ext - I then add the file to the extensions folder, and ... the extension does not show up on the list of extensions.

What am I doing wrong? The zip file is a standard zip, not a 7-zip.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Griffonbait
    Socially Distanced since 08/2008 C.E.

Preferred Rule Systems:
    — D&D (any); RM2, RMFRP; SM2, SM:P; PF2, SF; +++
    — SWRPG (FFG); Genesys; L5R (FFG), WFRP (3rd Ed, FFG)

Discord: griffonbait
    Ultimate Licenses: FGC + FGU, FoundryVTT, ++

Timezone: Aussie Central Standard Time (ACST) (UTC +8.5, +9.5 daylight savings time)
    Playtime: Prefer 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM ACST

Currently:
    — GMing: RMFRP Weekly, Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM [FGU];
    — Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Griffonbait View Post
    I am getting confused regarding creating an extension that actually works.

I have downloaded your Font-Roboto-FGU.ext and I can install it into the extensions folder and it works perfectly, showing up on the list of extensions and mods.

My problems start with extracting the files in your ext, making no changes, but simply re-zipping them into a zip and changing the .zip to .ext - I then add the file to the extensions folder, and ... the extension does not show up on the list of extensions.

What am I doing wrong? The zip file is a standard zip, not a 7-zip.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    attach a copy of what you created and I can take a look. The most likely issue is that when creating your zip file, you are zipping up the Directory that contains all the files. This doesnt work. You have to only zip up the files themselves, not their parent folder.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

attach a copy of what you created and I can take a look. The most likely issue is that when creating your zip file, you are zipping up the Directory that contains all the files. This doesnt work. You have to only zip up the files themselves, not their parent folder.
    I am only zipping the files within the folder. The extension.xml is then in the root of the zip ext.

I have gone through many settings in my zipping program, and I have just bumped into the problem - I use PowerArchiver and it defaults to using Deflate64 compression - it seems this is the culprit. I have been looking for the issue for months now and only just noticed it after I posted my query.

I have got it working now.

Thanks for the quick response.

Cheers.

Griffonbait
    Socially Distanced since 08/2008 C.E.

Preferred Rule Systems:
    — D&D (any); RM2, RMFRP; SM2, SM:P; PF2, SF; +++
    — SWRPG (FFG); Genesys; L5R (FFG), WFRP (3rd Ed, FFG)

Discord: griffonbait
    Ultimate Licenses: FGC + FGU, FoundryVTT, ++

Timezone: Aussie Central Standard Time (ACST) (UTC +8.5, +9.5 daylight savings time)
    Playtime: Prefer 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM ACST

Currently:
    — GMing: RMFRP Weekly, Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM [FGU];
    — Playing:

Maybe I missed it, but are there larger versions available? I'm getting a little older so having larger fonts is helpful, but I don't want to change the FG scale (I want to reserve table space).

Quote Originally Posted by jcsamuelson View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but are there larger versions available? I'm getting a little older so having larger fonts is helpful, but I don't want to change the FG scale (I want to reserve table space).
    The posted ones are slightly larger than the default fonts. You can always increase the size yourself by unzipping the extension. The ext file is just a zip file with the file extension renamed. Change it from .ext to .zip and extract its contents. you should see an xml file that has the sizes defined in it. Try different sizes and see what works for you, but be aware that changing the sizes of of the fonts does not change the size of any of the other controls, so you can get some weirdness at times.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

The posted ones are slightly larger than the default fonts. You can always increase the size yourself by unzipping the extension. The ext file is just a zip file with the file extension renamed. Change it from .ext to .zip and extract its contents. you should see an xml file that has the sizes defined in it. Try different sizes and see what works for you, but be aware that changing the sizes of of the fonts does not change the size of any of the other controls, so you can get some weirdness at times.
    That's fantastic input! I had no idea it would be that easy. Thanks also for the quick and thorough response!

10.60-inch
    Microsoft Surface Pro Summary
    The tablet comes with a 10.60-inch display with a resolution of 1366x768 pixels at a pixel density of 148 pixels per inch (ppi).

That is not going to work to well. There is NOTHING that says do not use a tablet or smaller than a 15" screen, but the Surface screen space is probably not the design intent for smaller mobile devices.

I'd personally try to use a screen that is at least 17". Smaller than that and you are already limited and fighting to see anything...
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    10.60-inch
    Microsoft Surface Pro Summary
    The tablet comes with a 10.60-inch display with a resolution of 1366x768 pixels at a pixel density of 148 pixels per inch (ppi).

That is not going to work to well. There is NOTHING that says do not use a tablet or smaller than a 15" screen, but the Surface screen space is probably not the design intent for smaller mobile devices.

I'd personally try to use a screen that is at least 17". Smaller than that and you are already limited and fighting to see anything...
    I agree entirely. In fact, most of the time I use my living room TV as the monitor (60"). But, I'm not always parked on my couch, and even when I am, sometimes I like the larger fonts.

I had the roboto font installed from this thread and saw it listed in the forge. I subscribed for it there and it overwrote the prior version (which is a good thing). After it loaded up I noticed the font size was significantly smaller than what was posted here. I ended up reverting back as I prefer the larger size. @mattekure was that intentional or just an oversight?

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I had the roboto font installed from this thread and saw it listed in the forge. I subscribed for it there and it overwrote the prior version (which is a good thing). After it loaded up I noticed the font size was significantly smaller than what was posted here. I ended up reverting back as I prefer the larger size. @mattekure was that intentional or just an oversight?
    There were no changes to the size of the fonts. Are you sure you previously had the FGU version of the extension installed? The forge version is the FGU version. The Classic version had different sizes due to how they rendered differently.

Thread Information