DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

5E - Undead Fortitude

This is an extension for FGC/FGU that automates the Undead Fortitude constitution saving throw. If the target succeeds the save, an amount of damage will be done that leaves the target with one hit point. On a failure, the target damage is handled as normal resulting in the loss of consciousness. In my Tomb of Annihilation game, I was spending sooooo much time dealing with Undead Fortitude that I decided to write an extension for it to help me. I still run my ToA game in Classic, so that compatibility is important to me. I hope this saves other DMs time when running hoards of zombies too!

Undead Fortitude Features:
    • Automates the Undead Fortitude constitution saving throw for actors with Undead Fortitude in their Traits section (NPC or PC).
    • On a successful Undead Fortitude save, the target is dealt an amount of damage that will leave them with one hit point.
    • The radiant damage type or a critical hit will forgo the saving throw automation, per the Undead Fortitude rules.
    • There is a Radial Menu (right click) option to apply Undead Fortitude to an unconscious actor in the Combat Tracker.
    • Works as a chat command with either /uf or /undeadfortitude, specifying the actor's name to affect.
    • Change the way the mechanism works by removing the queue and using the roll to pass data directly. Add the ability to customize the behavior based off of the PC/NPC trait name. For example, Undead Fortitude (MOD 10) will use 10 instead of 5 when processing Undead Fortitude DC calculations. Something like Death Fortitude (DC 11) will trigger the behavior with a static DC of 11 and no radiant damage restriction because the word Undead isn't before Fortitude. Another example is Undead Fortitude (Mod 8, no mods) which will trigger the behavior with a DC modifier of 8 instead of 5 and not have the radiant damage or critical hit restrictions. Use the name of the fortitude trait specified on the creature in the saving throw text and the matching of that saving throw text. That way, customized fortitude trait names will show instead of hardcoded Undead Fortitude. The modifier values now support negative values (i.e. MOD -5). Multiple UF targets were not being accounted for correctly... fixed.

Current Version: 2.0.4, get it from the Forge if you are a Unity user (automatic deployment and update with FGU update) or GitHub releases if you are a Classic user (drop the ext file into the extensions folder). The version history is available at either link, FG Forge or GitHub.

FG Forge Link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1215/view
    GitHub Link: https://github.com/JustinFreitas/UndeadFortitude
    Last edited by JustinFreitas; August 30th, 2023 at 02:53. Reason: Version Update

Fantastic! Never knew I needed this until today!

Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    Fantastic! Never knew I needed this until today!
    I know, right?!? I was in my game the other day suffering through managing Undead Fortitude on a hoard of zombies about ready to pull my hair out... then I thought, "Sure would be nice to have an extension for this." And there ya have it! I hope it saves you time and frustration. If you notice issues, just say. There were some differences in the FGC/FGU implementations that are combined in there.

Yeah, and I've ran combats with creatures that I gave a version of undead fortitude (replicating warforged) and kept forgetting to apply it!

Updated the Undead Fortitude extension to have a Radial Menu (right click) option to apply Undead Fortitude to an unconscious Combat Tracker actor. It also works with the chat commands /uf or /undeadfortitude, passing the name of the CT actor to affect. It's version 1.1 now and has been updated on Forge and GitHub.

Is there a way to denote the DC save other than being DC 5 + damage on the skill or anything?
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Is there a way to denote the DC save other than being DC 5 + damage on the skill or anything?
    Not currently, but I can make that happen for ya. Probably a DC modifier spinner in the options that will default to 5 or something equivalent.

Or... maybe have five be the default but if a number is specified in parens after Undead Fortitude in the traits, then use that modifier. Something like: Undead Fortitude (DC 10)

I'll think about it more and come up with something decent.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    Not currently, but I can make that happen for ya. Probably a DC modifier spinner in the options that will default to 5 or something equivalent.
    Thanks for the reply, let me know if you want more info. But what I like to do is custom some creatures to have UF trait but give the DC differently, sometimes only a set DC.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Thanks for the reply, let me know if you want more info. But what I like to do is custom some creatures to have UF trait but give the DC differently, sometimes only a set DC.
    Ok, I'll account for adjustment of the modifier and also setting a static DC. So how about (DC 10) for the static DC, defaulting to normal non-static, modified version. Then for modified/normal behavior we can do (MOD 10), defaulting to five. Any incorrect syntax won't be recognized and the defaults will be used.

So some examples would be:
    Undead Fortitude
    Undead Fortitude (DC 11)
    Undead Fortitude (MOD 10)
    Undead Fortitude (BAD XX) <-- Bad syntax, defaults will be used.

Thread Information