5E Character Create Playlist
    Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone

Any ruleset gurus out there that may have time to help?

So I’m starting to run the iron kingdoms rpg and I have a ruleset that was fan made. But it’s buggy. Get error messages when clicking on certain things. Also when typing in some fields it gives error messages as well.

Wondering if we have any rule set gurus that may be able to get those errors knocked out.

Overall the ruleset functions with dice rollers etc.

Just a few borders not set messages. And I’d have no clue where to start trying to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by computertrucker View Post
    So I’m starting to run the iron kingdoms rpg and I have a ruleset that was fan made. But it’s buggy. Get error messages when clicking on certain things. Also when typing in some fields it gives error messages as well.

Wondering if we have any rule set gurus that may be able to get those errors knocked out.

Overall the ruleset functions with dice rollers etc.

Just a few borders not set messages. And I’d have no clue where to start trying to fix it.
    Greetings,

I am only starting out myself, but I have debugged little things here and there.

Some suggestions:

1. Unzip the ruleset into a folder instead of the PAK file (remove the PAK file from the directory after you do this). The PAK files are zip files with a different extension, so if your unzipping tool does not recognise the PAK, rename to ZIP then unzip and then rename it back.

2. Get an editor that allows you to drag a whole folder into it - this will allow you to view and edit all of the ruleset files at once. In addition this editor should have the ability to Search across the whole directory, not just within a single file. I use BBEdit on my Mac, however there are tons of great and free editors out there - VSCode comes to mind for all platforms.

3. You need a list of errors that are being thrown up, or else you may not get a "bite" on your questions.

4. Most typing that seems to cause an error is most likely from an onChange event for that control. So start by searching for that control - if it was character name for example - try to search for that control and follow the breadcrumbs until you reach the oven.

Hope some of these points help you, at the very least you should get #3 sorted so that others can look and aid you as they are able.

D

I'm currently playing iron kingdoms probably using this same ruleset, if anyone have fixed those issues or intend to try please contact me, I'm willing to try fixing those errors.

Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bits View Post
    I'm currently playing iron kingdoms probably using this same ruleset, if anyone have fixed those issues or intend to try please contact me, I'm willing to try fixing those errors.
    We should put together a group fund to hire someone here to fix it. And maybe add the unleashed stuff as well.

Link to the ruleset?
    Ultimate License Holder
    Systems:ALIEN, Savage Worlds (SWADE + Companions, 50 Fathoms, Interface Zero, Realms of Cthulhu), Call of Cthulhu 6th, FIASCO, Paranoia XP

FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Friday April 16th to Sunday April 18th, 2021
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by zombielord View Post
    Link to the ruleset?
    I’m currently using the Iron Kingdoms Redux. There is this online repository, but it seems to be abandoned:

https://bitbucket.org/iancw/unoffici...set/downloads/

Is this the same rule set mentioned in FG forum thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Iron-Kingdoms
    Here is the google drive location for the rule set:https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WtlR21BZkRrZFE

I'm interested in a Iron Kingdoms rule set for FGU, but I'm not sure if these are the same thing or if one is better than the other.

Thread Information