FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[Request] Target Self for Spell Actions Other Than Effects

Hello,

Would it possible to add a 'target self' option to the Cast, Damage, and Heal actions of spells under the action tab?

Is this something that is doable in an extension? Even so, I think it would have a wide enough use case that it would be beneficial to be added to the Ruleset as a standard. Of course, I have no idea if it is even possible.

Cast, Damage and Heal all use the standard FG targeting system. So, to apply the results of the action to the actor carrying out said action, target yourself before clicking the relevant button.

I'll consider adding a "targets" option similar to effects, but it won't be for a while yet (when I work on PF2 actions in more detail).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the consideration Trenloe.

Yes I understand that they use the FG targeting system. It's just a bit of a pain to have to swap targets or drag the action to your own token each time.

Thanks again.

This will more than likely come in when I fully code affliction handling.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Something seen in the PFRPG2 development caverns...

Attached Images Attached Images

That's awesome! Thank's ever so much. Looking forward to it!

Actually I wonder if this shouldn't be added to CORE. Other rulesets may benefit from this too
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Actually I wonder if this shouldn't be added to CORE. Other rulesets may benefit from this too
    It is in CoreRPG - you can use self targeting for the application of effects.

CoreRPG does not have specific code for cast, damage, heal, attack or save actions. The 3.5e ruleset, which PFRPG2 is based on, only uses the target selection system for effect targeting (because this was built into the underlying CoreRPG and inherited). I had to add the ability to select self only for each action not part of CoreRPG, and for this to be applied to the action when rolled.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 17th, 2020 at 09:34.

Ah, yes of course, It didnt occur to me it was based on 3.5 but when you look at it you can see it peeking through
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It is in CoreRPG - you can use self targeting for the application of effects.

CoreRPG does not have specific code for cast, damage, heal, attack or save actions. The 3.5e ruleset, which PFRPG2 is based on, only uses the target selection system for effect targeting (because this was built into the underlying CoreRPG and inherited). I had to add the ability to select self only for each action not part of CoreRPG, and for this to be applied to the action when rolled.
    That would be very nice to add it to 5e as well so we can code Blood Hunter!
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Thread Information