DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Manahtar View Post
    Hi all, I'm having an issue where I, as the GM, can't move the tokens through walls, was this an intended feature of an update? or am I missing an option somewhere? Thanks in advance
    Edit: Oops, saw you got it. Here is the original response in case anyone else needs it.

This was changed back in May. You need to hold Shift and drag the token as GM.

It was changed because some GMs were accidentally revealing the map when moving tokens. Holding Shift will cause LoS to not update when moving tokens, that way, you won't accidentally reveal portions of the map you don't want revealed.

Holding shift while moving tokens has another benefit: LoS will not be calculated during that movement, which not only protects against accidentally revealing parts of the map, but also keeps CPU usage down for both GM and players. This can help with weaker computers, even on the players' side.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Holding shift while moving tokens has another benefit: LoS will not be calculated during that movement, which not only protects against accidentally revealing parts of the map, but also keeps CPU usage down for both GM and players. This can help with weaker computers, even on the players' side.
    You can't let up can you? You pretend to be helpful while making a dig at the software? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    You can't let up can you? You pretend to be helpful while making a dig at the software? :/
    Please stop. No more .... at all.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've also notice this helps with the issue sometimes players get where the GM and the players (or some of the players) see tokens moved in the wrong spots when doing token lock movement approves.

So the GM will "wiggle" the token using this and get the tokens to appear all synced correctly without giving up locations on the map.

I’ve been wracking my brain on why I cannot as the GM move tokens through walls…damn I am the GM, haha. This will help a lot, especially for the incorps

Quote Originally Posted by Evilthorne View Post
    I’ve been wracking my brain on why I cannot as the GM move tokens through walls…damn I am the GM, haha. This will help a lot, especially for the incorps
    Hold Shift and drag.

Welcome to the boards, Evilthorne. Like MrDDT mentions you have to hold shift and drag - this was implemented to keep the DM from accidentally dragging someone through a wall and revealing something accidentally like a secret room or the outline of the dungeon for example. It also allows the DM to move a NPC like a player and not have to worry about going through walls.

Thread Information