FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

how to add a wand of cure light wounds

Hello, we are playing Pathfinder (1st edition)
    I am playing a sorcerer, and I have a wand of cure light wounds. How to I input this in the game?
    I've seen people say to put it in the powers tab, but there isn't one in Pathfinder.
    I've also seen people say to put it as a ranged weapon, but I can't make an attack heal someone.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The way I do it is to put it as a ranged weapon only for tracking its charges as ammunition.

After that I put the spell in the cantrip section of the spell tab and change its description to include that is from the wand.

Moved to the 3.5e/Pathfinder forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It won't allow me to put the spell in my spells tab.

Go to the action tab. Create a new spellcaster section. name it items. give lvl 0 spells a 1. create a new spell under lvl 0. call it wand of cure light wounds. Add a healing action. Change the healing to the correct value (in this case 1d8 die and 1 misc). Keep track of charges somewhere else.... making a ranged weapon with ammo would work perfectly. Since you already have an item section, just keep adding the items as spells here. potions, other wands, charges per day items, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    Go to the action tab. Create a new spellcaster section. name it items. give lvl 0 spells a 1. create a new spell under lvl 0. call it wand of cure light wounds. Add a healing action. Change the healing to the correct value (in this case 1d8 die and 1 misc). Keep track of charges somewhere else.... making a ranged weapon with ammo would work perfectly. Since you already have an item section, just keep adding the items as spells here. potions, other wands, charges per day items, etc
    Sorry, we are new to Fantasy Grounds. I can not find anything about how to make a new spellcaster section. Do you mean add spell class? I tried that, named it tiems, put a 1 under the 0 level spells. Entered a new spell, named it cure light wounds. That's as far as I can get, there is no place to add a healing action, or to edit it in any way. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by JFitz View Post
    Sorry, we are new to Fantasy Grounds. I can not find anything about how to make a new spellcaster section. Do you mean add spell class? I tried that, named it tiems, put a 1 under the 0 level spells. Entered a new spell, named it cure light wounds. That's as far as I can get, there is no place to add a healing action, or to edit it in any way. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help
    right-click on that spell and add an action, in your case a heal button

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    right-click on that spell and add an action, in your case a heal button
    That worked! But now I can't enter the dice to roll for it. So close...

pick up the dice off the bar and add it in

Got it all figured out!
    Thanks everyone for your help!

Thread Information