DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 21 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Back with some more fixes, in v2.11:

• When adding PCs to the combat tracker, their "space" value is now set to 1
    • If Damage did not get through armor, but a critical injury was rolled, fixed an issue where the 5 damage was not applied if the total damage after armor was negative (the extra +5 always gets through armor but doesn't ablate)
    • When clicking button on Host's Combat Tracker to show all attacks, don't show the empty list for PCs (PC attacks are rolled from their character sheet!)

Pushed a bug fix in 2.12 that I introduced on accident recently:

• Fixed a bug where abilities with singular damage (like 7 Direct) were no longer working right after patch 2.10
    • Fixed graphical bugs on the NPC sheets. The "icon", "skill bases", and "equipment" fields now grow with content.
    • NOTE: Damage types are not retained when dragging damage from the Chatbox. Attacks are also assumed to be Dodged if dragged from the Chatbox. To use the DV of the Ranged Item (or the item's damage type) target an entity on the Combat Tracker (or drag the attack/damage to that entity), and then roll the attack and damage. (The item's DVs can only be used if both you and the entity are on a map as well.)

I pushed a new build to the Test channel that changes the layout a little bit for the character sheets. Was wondering if I could get some feedback before I move it to the Live channel.

Here's a screenshot: NewLayout.jpg

It does the following:
    • Moves the portrait to the left and makes it a bit bigger
    • Adds more space for Handle / Roles and Ranks / IP section
    • Adds a scrollbar to attacks when they exceed window size

I'll probably keep it in Test for a bit before push to Live, but curious if anyone has some feedback!

I decided to go ahead and release 2.14. Everything seems to be working well on my side. I also added a new tab on the Party Sheet for the GM to see an overview of all PCs:

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 5.58.36 PM.png

Last update for the day, v2.15:

Thanks to @redba for this great suggestion!

2.15:
    • Added Skills to records so descriptions can be linked to skills on character sheets (see above)
    • Moved Roles and Abilities to "Character" category
    • All Skills are included in the "Roles and Items" module, with descriptions removed
    • GMs can add the descriptions to this module and re-share the records OR
    • GMs can copy all the content from this module to their own and add descriptions there
    • The Character Wizard and Character Sheets now have links next to the skills which will display the descriptions if the module is loaded

Skills.jpg

Added a major release, v3.0! New Tab on Party Sheet and better Netrunning Combat automation:

3.0 and 3.1 (5/23/2022):

• Major update adding the "IP" tab so that jobs can have an IP award associated with them and given to each member of the party.
    • Netrunning combat Automation:
      • A Netrunner rolling Interface (or an ability that rolls Interface) against a program causes the program to roll DEF to defend and determine hit or miss (or Interface, if it's a Demon).
      • Programs / Demons or Black Ice rolling an attack against another Program or Black Ice triggers them to roll DEF (or Interface if targeting a Demon or Netrunner) and display Hit or Miss
      • Note: For a Netrunner's program's, manually set the Interface value on the program after adding to Combat Tracker to add their Interface value to the Program's Attacks, and roll attacks as the program. If "Attacking" a program with the Interface roll ability or an "ability", click and drag the roll onto the desired target.
    • Fixed a bug where Encounters caused an error if added to the CT before the CT was open

I've released an awesome new feature for Netrunners in v3.2.

A Netrunner can now Activate and Deactivate Programs or Black ICE from their Cyberdecks. Here's how it works (with screenshots):

1. First make sure your Program Items have a link to an NPC that is a Program or Black ICE in the "notes" section. THEN add to the Cyberdeck. (Assuming one is loaded in the "Foundational" slot.) Also, make sure the Netrunner is in the Combat Tracker (important to set the right values when activating programs!)

Cyberdeck-1.jpg

2. Notice that the items in the Cyberdeck w/ an NPC link now have "Activate" buttons. Click Activate. Note that a Window is opened for the player, so that they can take action as the program. The Program is added to the Combat Tracker. As shown below, Programs have their Initiative set to match the Netrunner. The Interface of the Program is automatically set to that of the Netrunner. That value is then added to all "Attack" rolls as the Program, per the rules.

Cyberdeck-2.jpg

3. Clicking Deactivate will remove the program from the Combat Tracker and close the window. Activating a Black ICE is similar, except now, Black ICE always has their initiative set to be 1 higher than the highest initiative in the Combat Tracker. (This is done even if the DM adds a Black Ice from an Encounter or manually. It also works this way for Demons, which use the same mechanic.) Also, Back ICE do not have an "Interface" value set since they attack on their own, with their own ATK stat. Remember that when dealing damage, the "damage" values in the "Effect" of a Program can be double clicked or dragged. It looks for specific strings to become rollable ("NdY damage" - direct damage, or "NdY rez" - REZ damage. Replacing N and Y with integers.)

Cyberdeck-3.jpg

Edit: Patch 3.4 improved this process. Now, use the new "Cyberdeck" Item type for Programs/Black ICE, and add the link to the corresponding program NPC stat block in the "NPC Link" field. Then, add to the cyberdeck.
    Last edited by seansps; June 1st, 2022 at 04:37.

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    I've released an awesome new feature for Netrunners in v3.2.

A Netrunner can now Activate and Deactivate Programs or Black ICE from their Cyberdecks. Here's how it works (with screenshots):

1. First make sure your Program Items have a link to an NPC that is a Program or Black ICE in the "notes" section. THEN add to the Cyberdeck. (Assuming one is loaded in the "Foundational" slot.) Also, make sure the Netrunner is in the Combat Tracker (important to set the right values when activating programs!)

Cyberdeck-1.jpg

2. Notice that the items in the Cyberdeck w/ an NPC link now have "Activate" buttons. Click Activate. Note that a Window is opened for the player, so that they can take action as the program. The Program is added to the Combat Tracker. As shown below, Programs have their Initiative set to match the Netrunner. The Interface of the Program is automatically set to that of the Netrunner. That value is then added to all "Attack" rolls as the Program, per the rules.

Cyberdeck-2.jpg

3. Clicking Deactivate will remove the program from the Combat Tracker and close the window. Activating a Black ICE is similar, except now, Black ICE always has their initiative set to be 1 higher than the highest initiative in the Combat Tracker. (This is done even if the DM adds a Black Ice from an Encounter or manually. It also works this way for Demons, which use the same mechanic.) Also, Back ICE do not have an "Interface" value set since they attack on their own, with their own ATK stat. Remember that when dealing damage, the "damage" values in the "Effect" of a Program can be double clicked or dragged. It looks for specific strings to become rollable ("NdY damage" - direct damage, or "NdY rez" - REZ damage. Replacing N and Y with integers.)

Cyberdeck-3.jpg
    Thanks for all the hard work, Seansp! This ruleset is coming on in leaps and bounds.

However, I have a silly question: Has anyone else been able to get Step 1 to work? I have tried step 1, but I do not see the activate button beside the programs in the cyberdeck. I must be setting up the link from the program item to the npc program incorrectly.
    Last edited by Fleet Foot; May 25th, 2022 at 22:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet Foot View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work, Seansp! This ruleset is coming on in leaps and bounds.

However, I have a silly question: Has anyone else been able to get Step 1 to work? I have tried step 1, but I do not see the activate button beside the programs in the cyberdeck. I must be setting up the link from the program item to the npc program incorrectly.
    No problem! Not a silly question at all, there’s definitely some intricacies I could document better (I’ve considered making a video to go over it all.)

You need to make the Programs in the Cyberdeck list out have a link to an NPC in the “Notes.” (The NPC should be a Program or Black Ice.) Then add it to the Cyberdeck list. (Don’t forget to set 1 slot used for a program and 2 for a Black ICE!)

Check the “Example Program to Load on Cyberdeck” item from the sample “Cyberpunk RED” module for an example that should work! And also make sure the Cyberdeck is set first in the Gray box above the load out.

Edit: The key is to also have a link in the notes before you add it to the load out, since the parsing happens when you add it.

Just put out a minor update to make some graphical tweaks.

@Fleet Foot, any luck getting the above to work? Always a chance it could be weird edge-case bug that I need to fix! Feel free to hit me up in the "cyberpunk_red" channel over at the FG Discord if you want some help troubleshooting: https://discord.gg/S84wrh62w6. Any suggestions as well to make this more streamlined - I could always push out some enhancements here in a future update!

Thread Information