STAR TREK 2d20
Page 16 of 21 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Is there any nice tutorials about adding modules for a existing for creating Modules for a given rule-set )
    Lets say i want to create a adventure for my campaign or i want to add more items.
    It is easily done by adding it manually to my campaign, but i would prefer it being a Module under the module activation.
    Best Wishes Joakim

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimEdman View Post
    Is there any nice tutorials about adding modules for a existing for creating Modules for a given rule-set )
    Lets say i want to create a adventure for my campaign or i want to add more items.
    It is easily done by adding it manually to my campaign, but i would prefer it being a Module under the module activation.
    Best Wishes Joakim
    Hi! I am not sure if I can point specifically to a good tutorial, though, there might be some on You Tube. You could also check out the official Wiki for the Developer Guide section on making modules here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...les+-+Overview

But here is my general process / tips:
    • Create a new campaign for the development of your module.
    • In the new campaign, create any NPC, Item, etc. that you want or are using in the adventure.
    • If it's easier, you can open another module and copy contents from it here, then edit it (such as the sample module included in this ruleset, you can copy items, or NPCs, and then change them up, set tokens etc.)
    • When adding images or tokens, first make sure the image is in your "images" folder for your campaign, and then add it to the Images section of Fantasy Grounds by dragging it from the Assets window
    • It's good practice to keep images < 6 MB. Really large images used for maps and such will take longer to load on another Player's machine, and may be too laggy for play (if there's lots of data points like for LOS and such.)
    • There's other good tutorials and such for adding Line of Sight (LOS) data to maps and such, but you'll want to do that in this development campaign
    • For your adventure text, create them as Story entries, starting with "01.00. (Title)" and incrementing up for subseections like "01.01. (subsection)" or other chapters, "02.00 chapter 2" etc.
    • Create encounters in the campaign and drag NPCs you wish to use on them
    • Then on images you can place the NPC tokens from encounters so that when you add the encounter they are placed automatically on the map. I generally then also link the encounter in the Story text and then drag a link to the Story on the image where it takes place.
    • As mentioned before you can copy all the items from the Sample module included for this ruleset, and then copy in descriptive text as desired from the Core Rulebook
    • When done, click "Modules" -> "Export" and then select what you wish to export (you can select all if you want, too) and enter a desired title for the module, and/or a PNG for the thumbnail if desired, then click Export
    • You are now ready to load it up in the campaign you'll use with your players!
    Last edited by seansps; September 3rd, 2022 at 17:18.

Best Wishes Joakim
    Yep. Here's a good starting point https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices
    --
    I'm so bassic

Hi, I'm River, the professional DM that Sean mentioned that's been showcasing the builds on stream. Thought I'd pop in and say hi, I'm not really on the forums too often but if you DM me or quote me I'll try to get back to you. Saw a few comments I wanted to reply directly to.

Quote Originally Posted by redba View Post
    I think this is a GREAT news for us (masters/players) and so I thank you since now @seansps, @River and Nightstride for your effort and work!!! Well done..!!
    Thank you so much.

I saw that Cyberpunk RED had appeared in the weekly newsletter, well done.
    Are whee getting any closer to an official?
    Very. Nothing set in stone yet. I've got a good feeling about this month though so stay tuned.

Oh and I'm affiliated with fantasy grounds so if you were planning on purchasing anything soon, consider using my link. https://affiliates.fantasygrounds.com/316636/15958
    Last edited by Rough Patch; September 6th, 2022 at 03:27.

General update!

A lot of progress has been made and some large announcements should be coming soon.

I'm also looking for people to join the ongoing campaign I'm running using the test system, I do charge for my games so feel free to DM me for more information or check out my twitch (and youtube) for live videos and the VoD's https://www.twitch.tv/roughworks
    I've been a professional DM for 10 years now. At this point nothing the players do can surprise me.

https://affiliates.fantasygrounds.com/316636/15958 I'm affiliated with FG, you can use this link.

Check me out on twitter and twitch https://twitter.com/Riverthedancer https://www.twitch.tv/roughworks

Thanks for your time

Hi, I'm not sure if I should be voicing my frustrations here or somewhere else. but up until late last night after getting off work. Data I spent hours and days manually inputting into my Cyberpunk Red campaign was still intact. But as soon as ran the "check for updates" and finally got into my campaign all my data was lost and everything was set back to default config.... Is there a way to retrieve my lost data or am I royally screwed and have to start all over again....If not, to save me future frustration and the urge to throw my pc out the window/ delete FG all together and go back to Roll20. How do I prevent this crap from happening again....

Quote Originally Posted by MsRaven13 View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure if I should be voicing my frustrations here or somewhere else. but up until late last night after getting off work. Data I spent hours and days manually inputting into my Cyberpunk Red campaign was still intact. But as soon as ran the "check for updates" and finally got into my campaign all my data was lost and everything was set back to default config.... Is there a way to retrieve my lost data or am I royally screwed and have to start all over again....If not, to save me future frustration and the urge to throw my pc out the window/ delete FG all together and go back to Roll20. How do I prevent this crap from happening again....
    Hi there! This sounds like an issue with Fantasy Grounds itself and not the ruleset. But I might be able to help you troubleshoot. Were you by chance using the "TEST" or LIVE" channel, and/or did you change the channel? If so, your data is still there, just in a different folder.

If you did a clean exit, it should have saved all the data. Regardless, FG does auto-save every 5 minutes. There are also backups you can restore from. First, try to locate your campaign folder where you were entering data. (Default path is something like: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks \Fantasy Grounds\campaigns", unless you changed your FG Data Path in the settings.)

See if your campaign is there. If so, the `db.xml` file should have your data if it was saved. If it for some reason got corrupt, check the backup files like "db.session.<Date>.xml". You might want to copy everything first to another folder before reverting to a backup.

If you were using the TEST channel it's in "channels\Test\campaigns", so check there if so.

Note that if you set your FG data directory to something else, DO NOT set it to cloud drives like OneDrive, GoogleDrive, etc. This WILL cause data corruption and likely would be the cause, and you could lose everything this way. But if you did, hopefully one of those backups there still work and you can revert it (without much loss.) If you are using a cloud drive I strongly encourage against that.

Can you zip up your campaign folder, and post here?
    I'm not familiar with the Cyberpunk RED ruleset; but maybe I can see something in the data.

Also, if it was a data file error (from hosting multiple times in same campaign; or third party file synching error; or something similar); you can recover data for anything entered up to the first session you launched that day by following this wiki article:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...n+Earlier+Save

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information