STAR TREK 2d20

Deleting images on the map?

So I am new to fantasy grounds, giving it a try, after having 8k hours on Roll20. Wanted to expand my horizons and potential players. So from the asset folder there were .jpeg files I wanted to use but when I put them on the map they made them so I can't click on them or interact with them in anyway. One is a ruby and the other was a treasure urn. Now I can't remove them as I said and I've done to much work on this map to have to delete it and start all over.

Can anyone help? How can I remove these images off the map?

Any image assets added to a map need to be deleted by opening the image data control window (unlocking image); selecting the Layers mode, then select the layer you want to delete, and then the delete button. Make sure you have the right layer selected before you delete.

Regards,
    JPG

Hello. Following up on this since it was before the official release. Is this the case? If I'm understanding correctly, there is no way to delete an image place on the map, other than deleting the entire layer?
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Each asset added to an image is placed on its own layer. I think it's always a 1:1 relationship (except assets that already have predefined LOS on them). So deleting a layer is the same thing as deleting just the asset that was added. Or am I missing something?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If you drop an image from the assets folder onto the map that you are using, it creates a new layer for that image. So you can remove it without removing anything else.

If you drop tokens from the asset folder onto the map, it applies them directly on whatever layer you have selected. You can remove these by going into play mode and right clicking them. If you apply tokens using the stamp tool instead, a new layer is created allowing the removal of tokens.
    Last edited by Fear Grounds; January 28th, 2021 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    If you drop an image from the assets folder onto the map that you are using, it creates a new layer for that image. So you can remove it without removing anything else.

If you drop tokens from the asset folder onto the map, it applies them directly on whatever layer you have selected. You can remove these by going into play mode and right clicking them. If you apply tokens using the stamp tool instead, a new layer is created allowing the removal of tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Each asset added to an image is placed on its own layer. I think it's always a 1:1 relationship (except assets that already have predefined LOS on them). So deleting a layer is the same thing as deleting just the asset that was added. Or am I missing something?
    Thank you guys! It was a noob mistake, I thought I couldn't delete an image and that was because it wasn't an image, it was a token on another layer. I appreciate the help. Rob

Thread Information