FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 20 of 25 First ... 101819202122 ... Last
    I think it is dead. I have moved on to using the manual option from FG itself. There is a button to roll inside the system so it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I think it is dead. I have moved on to using the manual option from FG itself. There is a button to roll inside the system so it works for me.
    Do tell? Where and how?

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    Do tell? Where and how?
    Personally none of my players (and I have a lot) have ever companied about not able to "roll" their stuff. I send them a "save" or "check" and they click the button, they say it feels like they rolling like that. I'm not really sure what the diff is.

Under options. Set the Manual rolls to "on". When a player needs to roll something called by you sending the request (like you hit them with a fireball and they have to make a DEX save). The system will pop a box with a request to roll. There is a place to input actual dice if they are rolled but there is a button to let the system roll it. It shows you the dice being used and the modifiers being used. If they enter a number for the dice the output says "manual roll", so you know if they do. No doubling, handles concentration and death saves and anything the system would normally roll for them.

The one place it will differ:
    Players will need to initiate the ability checks and initiative rolls from the character sheet. When they dbl click the check the box pops and they click the roll button.

So in the end the difference is that the player will be doing more work and you will not have to send requests. You will just tell them to make the check. Less clicking for you.

The best thing is that it is built into the system so no ext needed.

Under options. Set the Manual rolls to "on". When a player needs to roll something called by you sending the request (like you hit them with a fireball and they have to make a DEX save). The system will pop a box with a request to roll. There is a place to input actual dice if they are rolled but there is a button to let the system roll it. It shows you the dice being used and the modifiers being used. If they enter a number for the dice the output says "manual roll", so you know if they do. No doubling, handles concentration and death saves and anything the system would normally roll for them.

The one place it will differ:
    Players will need to initiate the ability checks and initiative rolls from the character sheet. When they dbl click the check the box pops and they click the roll button.

So in the end the difference is that the player will be doing more work and you will not have to send requests. You will just tell them to make the check. Less clicking for you.

The best thing is that it is built into the system so no ext needed.
    That is not what the "manual" roll does here.

Manual roll with RFIA, is where if you were a player and a mob casts a spell on you, it will give you a clickable link to roll that save. You don't put in a number or choose diff dice or even add mods to the roll, it does it automatically.
    Unlike currently without Manual Roll RFIA, it will not allow you to click the button it will just roll the save for the player and display the results in chat.

However, if you want to "manual" roll, what you would do a a DM is simply just tell the player "Roll me a XYZ save DC##" Then goto their save throws and throw double click it. So the manual rolls is only saving a very small step on the DM's and Players side anyways. Plus to me that slows the game up greatly.

What you are talking about is the option for players to INPUT the roll they do on real life dice. That's very very different.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    That is not what the "manual" roll does here.

Manual roll with RFIA, is where if you were a player and a mob casts a spell on you, it will give you a clickable link to roll that save. You don't put in a number or choose diff dice or even add mods to the roll, it does it automatically.
    Unlike currently without Manual Roll RFIA, it will not allow you to click the button it will just roll the save for the player and display the results in chat.

However, if you want to "manual" roll, what you would do a a DM is simply just tell the player "Roll me a XYZ save DC##" Then goto their save throws and throw double click it. So the manual rolls is only saving a very small step on the DM's and Players side anyways. Plus to me that slows the game up greatly.

What you are talking about is the option for players to INPUT the roll they do on real life dice. That's very very different.
    It works as I described. I used it for 6 hrs last sunday. It has replaced this ext for me. I am trying to explain to you that it does both the manual input and it has a button to let the system roll.

In this https://youtu.be/XUhYLoo1uoc@34:34 you will see the box. Just above the check button he is clicking is the "auto" roll button and no need to input the actual dice @36:36.

I the GM have this option off so the system runs everything with no request to me. The players turn this on and every time they get a request this box pops up and they can see what is going on then click the auto roll button.

You can try it yourself. Login a client and go through a combat. You will see that it replicates most of this extension.

The parts that are missing are ability checks, init rolls and comparing roll to a DC. I just tell the player to roll it off the character sheet. They get the box as well but that is a small price to pay. It is the trade off from me clicking the ext interface and sending them a request.

You can try it yourself. Login a client and go through a combat. You will see that it replicates most of this extension.

The parts that are missing are ability checks, init rolls and comparing roll to a DC. I just tell the player to roll it off the character sheet. They get the box as well but that is a small price to pay. It is the trade off from me clicking the ext interface and sending them a request.
    You can do that if you want to do that for EVERY roll the player makes or they have to turn it on and off each time. It's not the same and if it works for you great. However, it's not what RFIA does and RFIA IMO is useful this is only useful if you like extra work or you want to input a manual number. (which is also a lot of extra work).

Again I've yet to have a player want to roll saves that NPCs are throwing at them. However, if they really wanted to, your way will work if you want to have a few extra steps each time a spell goes off on people.

Yeah, my group likes to roll it themselves. Even though it is just clicking the button. I agree this is not exactly the same as this ext but my point is with out support of this ext it will not be operational in the future. We already have 2-3 things that are not working "perfectly" one good push and it will be done. So I figured I better fine a long term solution I can live with now.

My workaround is:

Item; Ring of Protection; AC: 1; SAVE: 0.5
    Simply halve the effect in the coding.
    Works well with forced saving throws like fireball ect.
    It doesn't work with the saving throws force from the RFI window because there the effects are not doubled.

Thread Information