STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 25 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Are you going to mention this to celestian
    Last edited by EllivasKram; October 14th, 2020 at 07:09.

Sorry I don’t know who that is. Is there a protocol I should be following?

Posted on the ‘Better Menu’ forum page for you.

Not sure if it's been mentioned previously in this thread, but the use of "COS" instead of "CON" bugged me, so I fixed it for myself

If you want to do the same change, here's the steps:

1. Extract "scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua" from the ext file (it's a zip file)
    2. Edit the file and change "COS" to "CON"
    3. Put the file back in the ext zip.

A rough cmdline guideline using Linux:

mkdir tmp
    cd tmp
    unzip 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext
    mv 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext ..

...edit the scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua file

zip -fr ../5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext .

I don't know if this would be a feature request to this extension or a new extension, but the UI would at least look nearly identical...

I often find myself needing to apply damage ad-hoc for various reasons:

* falling
    * players messing with magic they shouldn't
    * traps
    * etc.

If these are unexpected elements within a game, I don't usually have something already setup to inflict the damage. The UI and functionality of this extension would be perfect for this:

allow me to select PCs / NPCs from the combat tracker
    allow me to specify a saving throw (if any) and save for half/none
    allow me to select number and type of damage die
    allow me to select a damage type

Then just click roll and have it done auto-magically. It's a not a huge problem to do this manually, but there's always:

* the player that is not paying attention meaning the DM may need to apply the damage
    * the fumble fingered player that mistypes their wounds (again) and can't recall what they had taken previously (again)
    * the player that is slow, meaning the DM and the slow player may both apply the damage
    * if it involves a lot of NPCs, it becomes a pain

All of this requires more work for the DM than it should and can result in some dumb arguments.

I am in the process of testing this extension for possible use in my game. I notice (in testing) that when I drop a save from a character sheet into the box, a message appears WARNING (rollOverrideRequestId not found). It then moves the roll into the extension. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I am in the process of testing this extension for possible use in my game. I notice (in testing) that when I drop a save from a character sheet into the box, a message appears WARNING (rollOverrideRequestId not found). It then moves the roll into the extension. Is this normal?
    No, the extension doesn't appear to be working with the current version of FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamon View Post
    No, the extension doesn't appear to be working with the current version of FGU.
    is it not working at all with the current version of FGU or is it if you are also using Better Menus?

Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    is it not working at all with the current version of FGU or is it if you are also using Better Menus?
    I am using better menus, but even after disabling the better menus extension this does not seem to be working correctly. Can anyone else confirm this IS working for them?

I do get the same warning, but as far as I can tell the functionality is working correctly.

Thread Information