5E Character Create Playlist

4E - Add Neck Item Bonus field to Defenses on Char Sheet Combat tab

This extension will add an additional field on the Combat tab of the character sheet for adding a neck item bonus to a character's defenses. This must be manually set, it does not automatically update as a neck item is added or removed. But it does make it easier to track. Also, added fields for armor bonus for Fortitude and Will as those can also be affected by some armors (but again, fields are not auto-populated when adding/removing armor.)

Also, there is a side effect in the "Defenses" section of the Combat tab. If you want to add an additional bonus using the Total field, you have to have the mouse directly over the "+" instead of just the field to get focus. (I am not sure how I broke it, so not sure how to fix it. It still works, you just have to have the mouse right over the "+". It does not break it anywhere else.)

4E Neck Bonus.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valeros; April 26th, 2020 at 20:01.

This works very nice. Thanks!

Does FG have dropdown menu option? I was thinking this new field section could be for "Slot" items. So where Neck text is now, have some menu drop-down that will have the different slot types (Arm, Feet, Hand, Head, Ring L, Ring R, Waist).

Trying to think of a way to use your technology for the Neck item to use with other Slot types. Not a lot of room on the Character Sheet to expand horizontal. If no menu drop-down maybe a new section called Slot Items. I have some ideas. I will mock up an image and see if you think its something possible with FG. Maybe a team project. :-)

Love the Neck item list, just brainstorming other possibilities.

Thank you again Valeros!

The reason I made it for Neck is because I believe that is the only item type normally adding Defense bonuses. If you look at Arm, Feet, etc. they add powers or other bonuses, but rarely (if ever) bonuses to Defenses.
    (Or at least that is what I think. I could be wrong.)

But actually that goes back to the idea of having a generic "Effect" or equivalent option on basically everything. LordEntrails mentioned in another thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?56870) that was basically done for 5E as an extension and built into 2E.
    Their is an 'advanced item' extension for 5E that does this, and I believe Celestian built it into the 2E ruleset

Oh, Then if only Neck Slot give defense bonus then I would keep it the way you did it.. correctly :-)

(edit) I did see that Helm of Able Defense gives +1 item bonus to Will.

I gave a look at Advanced Item extension for 5e. Looks cool, and complicated.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; April 26th, 2020 at 21:56.

I did find a few items that are not Neck slot items that give defense bonuses. Maybe just rename Neck to Slot?

Examples:

Boots of Quickness gives bonus to Reflex
    Helm of Able Defense bonus to Will

I tweaked the original to change the name from Neck to Slot. Thanks again to Valeros!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is this you?

If not, do you have plans to start a github for things like the MonsterConverter?

I ask because I want to modify it to work with the .monster files produced from here.
    Last edited by dungeonscoast; May 9th, 2020 at 02:30.

Sorry, no, that is not me.

I am confused as the link you posted seems to be for 5E. Most of my stuff (including the monster converter I did) was for 4E.

There is a 5E tool that I believe can convert, the Engineer Suite:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?45630

Sorry, I may not be understanding.

Thread Information