DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Weapon focus/specialization and solar weapon questions

I have found partial answers to some questions elsewhere on the forum, but I just haven't been able to figure them out completely after a couple hours searching. And my group has been using FG for just a few months now so we are noob. So I come begging for help

1) I read elsewhere in the forum that Weapon specialization damage bonuses must be added manually. Is this still the case?

2) Does the weapon focus feat 'to hit' bonus also have to be added manually? I have added the feat but it doesn't seem to apply any bonus (I've tried both weapon focus and versatile focus).

3) For fusions, I've read some posts that say to use the 'item forge', but I don't see that on the item menu (it's supposed to be to the right of templates, but there is no button). Is this a GM only feature? Or something they need to enable?

4) The guidance I have seen suggests that the effects of a solarian weapon crystal (damage and crit effect) should be manually added to another manually created (solar) weapon - is this correct?

4B) If so, then how would I add the fusion for a solar weapon (if I'm manually adding the crystal, presumably I'd have to manually add the fusion as well)?

4C) Does the soulfire fusion (+CHA dmg) also need to be added manually? (and updated manually as CHA increases - I saw the ability to change the attribute modifer on weapon damage, but not the ability to have TWO attributes modify damage)

5) How does a fusion seal work in all this? (If, say, I wanted to attach the 5th lvl disruptive seal found in Dead Suns #1 to the solarian crystal that goes in the solar weapon)

5B) Is disruptive handled automatically when hitting an undead creature? Or does the GM need to manually deal with the avoided DR/ER (by adding extra damage after a hit)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

Quote Originally Posted by GoatFish View Post
    1) I read elsewhere in the forum that Weapon specialization damage bonuses must be added manually. Is this still the case?
    Correct, it is not automatically handled, so you need to add the bonuses to the weapons themselves.

2) Does the weapon focus feat 'to hit' bonus also have to be added manually? I have added the feat but it doesn't seem to apply any bonus (I've tried both weapon focus and versatile focus).
    Yes, it must be manually applied

3) For fusions, I've read some posts that say to use the 'item forge', but I don't see that on the item menu (it's supposed to be to the right of templates, but there is no button). Is this a GM only feature? Or something they need to enable?
    GM is the only one that can perform that for you
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Correct, it is not automatically handled, so you need to add the bonuses to the weapons themselves.

Yes, it must be manually applied

GM is the only one that can perform that for you
    Thanks so much for your quick response, much appreciated.
    Does anyone have ideas for Q4-5?

Thread Information