FG Spreadshirt Swag

Custom weapons cannot be added to NPCs anymore?

So I have been running my campaign for quite a while now before the update happened. I have the central supply book so I have just been copying existing base game weapons and editing the stats to match the weapon I want from the central supply book. This used to work just fine as long as i copied an existing weapon already included from the core rule book and started editing it from there. Now however even if I just copy a core rule book weapon and try adding it to a NPC it won't be added. Only the uneditable weapons from the core rule book that come included in the game seem to work with NPC.

Can someone post a tutorial maybe on how to create a custom weapon in the game to make it compatible with a NPC sheet?

I know the CSC is going to be released soon, but my game schedule is weekly and I would like to be able to make custom weapons of my own designs

That is odd as I thought that bug was squashed a few updates ago.

MBM will be along and add it to his bug fix list.

I tried and failed to make it work so I took the liberty of reporting it into the bug report forum for MGT2 with a link to this thread for reference.

Okay so i Made a new npc, and then I copied several original weapons to make a duplicate of it. Each time i tried to add the duplicate weapon to my new NPC nothing would happen. However the original weapons work just fine. I also have added your mod pack with the NPCs if that has any effect?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrat View Post
    Okay so i Made a new npc, and then I copied several original weapons to make a duplicate of it. Each time i tried to add the duplicate weapon to my new NPC nothing would happen. However the original weapons work just fine. I also have added your mod pack with the NPCs if that has any effect?
    Hi. No, it is a bug in the ruleset. I posted it to the bug forum so the developer can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi. No, it is a bug in the ruleset. I posted it to the bug forum so the developer can fix it.
    Ah okay thanks yeah i just saw.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I tried and failed to make it work so I took the liberty of reporting it into the bug report forum for MGT2 with a link to this thread for reference.
    I could have been clearer.

I failed to get a custom weapon to add to an NPC and verified it is a problem, so I reported it. My prior post was badly worded claritywise.

Folks,

I can't get this done for Tuesdays update, but it will arrive with v1.1.1 which I hope to follow in a couple of weeks, if not, sooner cos I already started it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

In the interim you can manually add the item stats into the NPC sheet. If you create a blank NPC with the appropriate armour and weapons you can use that as a temporary template. Just drag-copy the template and add the characteristics and skills. This isn't an optional solution but it will allow slightly faster creation of NPCs with similar custom gear.

Thread Information