Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

The New Conan 2d20 Core

So I just purchased this and it seems severely lacking. No artwork, the initial intro adventure missing, no tokens, and so on. And at it's current price is more expensive than the book itself. The ad for it is very misleading and I feel like this is either broken or incomplete. Has anyone else purchased this yet and found it the same?

According to the developers there’s more coming to the base product next week.

https://www.facebook.com/15202174049...4541752176572/

Hopefully there’ll be more artwork added after that too.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 25th, 2020 at 09:33.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am really surprised to have core product that is that incomplete.
    Also a developer that has no presence here on forums, but other channels.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I also purchased it at full price, it's not very good at all. I have asked for a full refund. No art work,no adventure, at a very high price. I am surprised that it got released in this state.

I would have hoped that all this had been in at release, not added slap dash after.

* Artwork? In the corebook? There were some issues with attempting to do some full color reference work in the beginning, but expect the reference to change over a few updates.
    * Vultures of Shem, an adventure for Conan should be available in the next update. (not "slap-dash" at all. This is spare time work, not a full time job)
    * 4 Map Packs will be available for Conan soon.
    * Additional content like portraits and tokens are in the works (but that timetable is out of our control).

As far as not being present, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspoticus View Post
    * Artwork? In the corebook? There were some issues with attempting to do some full color reference work in the beginning, but expect the reference to change over a few updates.
    * Vultures of Shem, an adventure for Conan should be available in the next update. (not "slap-dash" at all. This is spare time work, not a full time job)
    * 4 Map Packs will be available for Conan soon.
    * Additional content like portraits and tokens are in the works (but that timetable is out of our control).

As far as not being present, well...
    Hi thanks for the reply
    However as I stated it feels unfinished, I will get a refund, Once you've finished it(with tokens , maps, artwork and scenarios) I will look at buying it again.

Also to reply to Art work in the core rule book. I have savage worlds and D&D and they're full of art work, so yes I do expect things like that in the CORE rule book.
    Last edited by Penfoldblue; April 25th, 2020 at 16:46.

This is disappointing to hear. I was about to purchase it and came into the forums to see what folks thought about it. I'll wait.

I bought the ruleset and as far as I'm concerned, it's a good start. It gives a lot of mechanical functionality that I'm looking for. While it would be nice to have a lot of extra stuff in the core ruleset, I'm used to doing "brew my own ruleset" stuff in MoreCore, so the Conan 2d20 saves me a whole lot of time on the mechanical end.

I usually use custom tokens, import my own or other artwork and maps and such so the lack of that in the ruleset doesn't really bother me at all. It would certainly be nice to have that in the set, but I'm willing to be patient for that.

I haven't had a chance to put the ruleset to actual use yet, though I'm planning a dry run this weekend to put it through its paces.

Thread Information