STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
    It would be great if the one-click-druid module used proper beast tokens. I hate those real pictures it uses.
    You can use your own tokens. The module includes instructions on how to replace the included tokens.

Got this today for FGU and cannot use the spell token feature is their a setting I am missing?

Blog Entries
    A simple "Yes, it does" or "No, it doesn't" would have been more helpful.
    I disagree. If I had said yes, that would imply that there wouldn't be any issues ever. If I had said no, that would imply it doesn't work at all. By offering the information in the graphic I posted, I offered the most COMPLETE and appropriate information possible. I don't see how that could be viewed in any other way.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    I disagree. If I had said yes, that would imply that there wouldn't be any issues ever. If I had said no, that would imply it doesn't work at all. By offering the information in the graphic I posted, I offered the most COMPLETE and appropriate information possible. I don't see how that could be viewed in any other way.
    It was ambiguous and tantamount to a no as it is not a DLC. A better response that wouldn't have left me wondering would have been "not right now, but I'm working on it." THAT would have told me everything I needed to know. Isn't English a wonderful thing?

Blog Entries
    It was ambiguous and tantamount to a no as it is not a DLC. A better response that wouldn't have left me wondering would have been "not right now, but I'm working on it." THAT would have told me everything I needed to know. Isn't English a wonderful thing?
    Again I must disagree. DLC defines everything from both the SmiteWorks store, Steam, and the DMs guild. And with FG making multiple updates to the Unity version of the software, sometimes more than once a day, it isn't possible to have said either yes OR no and be complete in my answer. I gave the best answer I could have.

There may be something that DOESN'T work, but will in the future.
    There may be something that DOES work, but won't when they update something.

There are multiple scenarios that can account for whether something is compatible with unity at the exact second someone asks the question. However, it is best to say that EVERYTHING WILL WORK once unity is released in its final form.

Which is exactly what that graphic explains.

Given all the parameters of the situation, I hope you can appreciate why I answer the question that way rather than simply providing an unqualified no or yes.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

I think it's easiest to say:

As of today, 5/23/2020, DM Tools is NOT fully functional in FGU. The developer is working on a fix but given the nature of early access there is no guarantee that it will be fully supported until a final product is released. If you primarily use FGC, then (IMO) it's a great purchase and will greatly improve your games. If your group is primarily using FGU then I would pass for now until it has stabilized.

Quote Originally Posted by dotsoncs View Post
    I think it's easiest to say:

As of today, 5/23/2020, DM Tools is NOT fully functional in FGU. The developer is working on a fix but given the nature of early access there is no guarantee that it will be fully supported until a final product is released. If you primarily use FGC, then (IMO) it's a great purchase and will greatly improve your games. If your group is primarily using FGU then I would pass for now until it has stabilized.
    Thank you! Well said!

As of today... the current FGU compatible version has spell tokens... they are not able to be “stacked” nor be used as targeting... I had targeting working for all of 12 hours and posted on DMs Guild... then FGU was updated and the targeting is off again... this is normal during the beta period of a program... I’m sorry... I am doing my best to keep up and get the features implemented...

this is also why stack resolution, dress up dungeon, and stack movement hasn’t been implemented yet...

the control changes too frequently to keep up with it at this time... those features being as complex as they are, makes the control changes devastating... so as to not induce a bunch of errors, I have elected to let spell tokens be integrated...

I will continue to try to get the targeting working... I am likely to add a rudimentary stack movement, and just leave stack resolution and dress up dungeon out of the equation till things are more static...

Most of the other features of DM Tools (token locking excluded) has been implemented... I am hoping to get back to feature development shortly so that I can add some more features to classic and unity... but I will continue to try to get the features integrated as much as possible into the FGU platform

Thanks so much for updating while still in development. Really love all your tools and am buying most of them Putting the stimulus check to good use with FGU and all the amazing addons.

Is this and one click druid working with the most recent update to FG? Just started a new campaign and I'm sure my gm would appreciate this.
    Last edited by Somali; July 4th, 2020 at 09:25.

Hi,

First a caveat: I'm using this in Unity so accept that some of my questions/requests may already be implemented in Classic and will be working once Unity is locked.

Firstly I was wondering if it would be possible to have the token 'icon' display alongside the 'cast', 'damage' etc. buttons when in Combat & Actions display mode on the Actions tab? This would be far preferable to only having it visible by use of the magnifying glass icon, to dig down amongst the coding (something I'd rather not have my players do routinely, especially as they will likely forget it's even there a lot of the time!);

Secondly, in Unity will it be possible to have the Spell Token always display under the PC and NPC tokens already on the map, whilst still being able to target etc.? Using Unity's 'layer' functionality perhaps? I'm not sure if there are many situations I'd prefer the Spell Token to be on top of the PC or NPC tokens.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and for all your work, and I look forward to using your DM Tools and other extensions in my future games.

Cheers,

Simon

Thread Information