Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Starship Combat - Newbie Issues + User Guide Crowd Sourcing

Hi everyone

Last night we tried out the starship combat for the first time. There was some bits we didn't understand, and I couldn't find a lot of documentation about this, so here's a start of a user guide that can be added to the wiki at some point. If there is a full user guide about this, please let me know!

Build Starship - GM Setup
    1. Select PC Starships (Character Starship) window. Select the Pen (Edit) icon. Select the Plus (new) icon. Select the New Starship sheet.
    2: Name the Starship
    3: Assign a Tier Level; this will assign max Build Points.
    4: Assign a Frame (see Starships list); this will assign size and manoeuvrability
    5: Assign a Power Core (see Starship Items list); this will assign max PCU.
    6: Assign Thrusters (see Starship Items list); this will assign the ships speed.
    7: Assign other Systems (see Starship Items); these will be listed in the Systems and Expansion Bay lists.
    8: Assign Shields (see Starship Items); this will assign SP and will auto-balance their distribution to each Arc.
    9: Assign Weapons to ship mountpoints (see Starship Weapons).
    10. Set tokens for PC ship.

Add PCs to Ship Roles - GM Set up
    1: Open PC Ship (Character Starship window).
    2. Drag PC ship to the Ship tab of the Party Sheet.
    3. Open PC window. Drag PCs into various ship roles.

Create NPC Ships
    1. Select Starship window.
    2. Select the Pen (Edit) icon. Select the Plus (new) icon. Select the New Starship sheet.
    3. Enter starship details.
    4 [What is the correct syntax for entering the attacks and crew action so they are 'clickable' in Starship Combat Tracker?
    5. Add token to NPC ship. [I couldn't seem to get this working...]

Combat Setup
    1. Select Combat Tracker.
    2. Click on the little rocket icon to bring up Ship Combat Tracker.
    3. Drag PC Ship onto Ship Combat Tracker. Click on all the icons on Ship Combat Tracker to reveal the ship's character sheet. This is in the Ship Combat Tracker, not in the PC Starship Character sheet [this took a while to figure out]
    4. Drag NPC Ship onto Ship Combat Tracker. Click on all the icons to reveal the NPC ship's character sheet.
    5. Load up hex-gridded star map. Drag ships onto Star Map.

Combat Start
    This is where we got stuck and just rolled skills manually.

How do PCs do ship actions? Should the actions be appearing in their character sheet Action tab or Ship tab of their character sheet? When I click on a PC sheet on the Ship tab, I can see an assigned starship, but no Actions listed for them to click on.

In the Ship Combat Tracker menu actions, initiative appears. Is this just for the NPC ship? How does the PC pilot register their initiative with Ship Combat Tracker?

1. Helm Phase etc... [to be updated when more stuff is figured out]

We are currently working on our new wiki.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...tarship+Combat
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks. I would like a lot more step by step detail. Once I get more info together (like the info requested above), would you like me to add this detail to the new wiki, or wait for the assigned person to do it?

I can forward this to the person(s) working on it or update it myself, once enough information is gathered. If you can, images help as well and those can be added.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    We are currently working on our new wiki.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...tarship+Combat
    Hi,

I checked out this page in Confluence, but none of the images work for me.

Thanks.

All,
    Images are still not working on wiki, just a head's up.
    Rock on.

I'm not sure which images you are referring to, but they show for me on the wiki

Capture.JPG
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

None of the will pics work for me. I have tried on 4 computers at home and 3 at work..

All of them show up for me...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    All of them show up for me...
    Is it possible it is a permissions issue where you 2 are devs so it shows up for you? I am grasping at straws.

Thread Information