FG Spreadshirt Swag

Older content used with SWADE?

Does it work well? Work at all? If there a conversion process?

The store doesn't seem to be very clear what does or doesn't work with SWADE version of the rules.
    Last edited by i3ullseye; April 24th, 2020 at 20:10.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Blog Entries
    Yes, all DLC loads into both rulesets just fine. A handful of DLC has SWADE editions (Lankhmar, 50 Fathoms, Titan Effect, etc.) with all the official work already done. Otherwise if something happens to have changed (usually a different skill used for Tests, etc.) you'll need to handle that on your own, if you feel the need to.

Quote Originally Posted by i3ullseye View Post
    Doe sit work well? Work at all? If there a conversion process?

The store doesn't seem to be very clear what does or doesn't work with SWADE version of the rules.
    Hi. I ran a fairly successful ETU campaign using the SWADE ruleset and the ETU extension that comes with the campaign. It did not have the updated ETU changes that were posted but it barely registered with us. The SWADE ruleset is easily modifiable if there are skills that needed adding or something we wanted to change. I didn't run Last Parsec but I do own it and didn't see anything in there that wasn't working with my limited testing.

I ask mainly because of War of the Dead. The campaign itself has maybe 3 pages of actual rules, and then monsters/NPCs. But the rules heavily use a skill that no longer exists on it;s own in SWADE, and I think Tracking references or Climbing and such might be common throughout. Come to think of it, I can't think of any other setting that might be more directly impacted by a few minor skill changes hehe. Oh well. But if it is only a few pages of character creation rules and such, that should be easy enough to fix I suppose.

But if I open a monster or NPC, what happens if a stat block has Charisma for example? Or the Tracking skill listed? How does SWADE handle that?
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

Blog Entries
    Let's see if I can pictorially sum up what happens.

TRAITS

Skill-wise, it doesn't really matter because the character sheet turns everything into a die value anyway. For example, the Colonel here has Knowledge (Tactics). In SWADE that could be either Academics or Battle instead. But as we can see here, pretty much anything we plop into the skills becomes rollable, so moot point in terms of being able to play ASAP.

However, we also notice there are no Edges and Hindrances. That's because War of the Dead (and pretty much everything else other than the newer releases) was created before that existed in the ruleset. They only "exist" as text references on the Main tab. So if you want the potential automation that may or may not exist on a per-Edge/Hindrance basis, you'd possibly want to handle that as part of GM Prep.

As for Charisma, it's just not displayed. The Hell Furie here has a Charisma of –2 in the database but because I loaded into the 'SavageWorlds' ruleset rather than 'SWD' it's being ignored.

WHAT ELSE?

Aside from these, anything that Pinnacle just changed the name, such as the Noble Edge is now the Aristocrat Edge, the two Players Guides were altered so they share the exact same data paths.

But the ruleset won't know that if a SWD character has Survival d6 and Tracking d8 that it should delete Tracking and make Survival d8. It won't know that Streetwise is an Edge now rather than a skill. And if WOTD happened to use one of the Edges/Hindrances that SWADE eliminated, you'll get an error dialog if you click it because obviously that link has nowhere to go now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks! That helps quite a bit.
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Yes, all DLC loads into both rulesets just fine. A handful of DLC has SWADE editions (Lankhmar, 50 Fathoms, Titan Effect, etc.) with all the official work already done. Otherwise if something happens to have changed (usually a different skill used for Tests, etc.) you'll need to handle that on your own, if you feel the need to.

Do you know if Rippers Resurrected has a SWADE edition?

Thanks,

Blog Entries
    I don't know but that's @Doswelk's project so if he hasn't already started/finished it, I'm sure he could be persuaded to do so.

Thread Information