DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: d6 Star Wars

d6 Star Wars

Hi all, brand new user here. I apologize up front, I tried the search function and am overwhelmed by the results and need some assistance. I'm still learning the FG terminology so forgive me if I misspeak.

I want to find an extension/app/skin/function that rolls the Wild Die from the West End Games edition of Star Wars (1st Edition, 2nd Edition, or 2nd Edition Revised & Expanded all behaved the same). I've seen other posts during my search where there was confusion over versions and OpenD6. This is the original version of the system where 1 die was off-color/size/visibly different. If it rolled a 1, critical failure. If it rolls a 6, critical success and it rolls again. If it gets another 6, it rolls again. It keeps incrementing this way until it rolls something other than a six. Then it is all totaled up.

I saw a /weg roller referenced in one thread for MoreCore, but it does the explosion on any six rolled not just the Wild Die.

Has anyone found/made a later version of this roller that changes the behavior to the one I described above?

I also found a SWRPG.pak, but when I load it I get an error message.

Code:
    [4/23/2020 4:22:27 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-22)
    [4/23/2020 4:22:27 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [4/23/2020 4:22:27 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  Ruleset Info Load (SWRPG): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 2, position 3.
    I'm not a coder, but I'm not completely helpless if someone can point me in the right direction. I have Notepad++ and a very basic knowledge.

TIA for any help.

Where did you find the SWRPG.pak? Perhaps the original creator of that file might help?

Ultimately, it's because the comment in the XML file included in the pack (probably multiple files) contains two dashes in the comment at the top of the file. Comments start with <-- and end with -->, and are not supposed to contain '--' in between. FGC XML engine was less picky, but I can't turn off in FGU. If you remove the extra -- in the comments, it should remove that error.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    for /weg use /weg 1d6+2d1006
    the 1006 dice will not explode.
    i hope to have some more news on Star Wars in the next week or so.

Thanks, damned. This is close, but it rerolls all 6s. In the Star Wars game, only the 1 Wild Die explodes.

Does anyone know if that's been worked out?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie T View Post
    Thanks, damned. This is close, but it rerolls all 6s. In the Star Wars game, only the 1 Wild Die explodes.

Does anyone know if that's been worked out?
    As per the message above yours

for /weg use /weg 1d6+2d1006
    the 1006 dice will not explode.
    as to the last bit...

i hope to have some more news on Star Wars in the next week or so.
    Anoril has been making huge progress on this - its not ready yet but it is looking like it will be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    As per the message above yours
    I used /weg 1d6+2d6.

I didn't realize the 1006 was a differentiator. I thought you were just be exagerative. My bad. Thanks!

Our group is using this ruleset https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...:_Star_Wars_d6

Loads without issue and wild die works properly (It's visually either the first d6 or last d6 in the chat menu - can't remember offhand)

The issue for us is that the ruleset interface was kind of thrown together so has other issues when it comes to wanting all your content to be in the FG platform and build out a campaign full of recourses for your players. Ex. I cut out images from some of the old books to be "stat" cards for stims and items - players couldn't access even after sharing unlike the other rulesets - so all that stuff is in sharefolders on onedrive.

Would love to see an interest in improving this ruleset - no other VTT is doing d6 right that I have found. Plus the game doesn't really need combat tracking - just a status toggle for the combat tracker. If anyone wants to work on it - happy to donate.

Blog Entries
    Anoril is very close with a very cool version of Star Wars d6. Real life has just handed him a brand new little bundle of joy which has slowed the final release down.. but its close.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Anoril is very close with a very cool version of Star Wars d6. Real life has just handed him a brand new little bundle of joy which has slowed the final release down.. but its close.
    Congrats, Anoril! (Yes, I know I'm a few months late. But it's still a great thing!)

Ehem. Now to be That Guy: any new ... news on this?
    --Art "Everything I do is a work of Art" Wendorf
    An Ultimate License Holder so anyone can join the fun!
    Timezone: US Central Time [UTC-6?]

Thread Information