FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 24 of 41 First ... 14222324252634 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgodzilla View Post
    Hello, thank you for making this available.

When I connect to test and start a new campaign, it seems that there are some missing buttons on the side. I go into Library to add powers, advantages, and power effects and they appear but when I click on them they are empty. In the drop down it has All, Uncategorized, and Mutants and Masterminds 3E Freedom City. They work on the normal public server (as opposed to test). Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

-og
    The ruleset is live now so there is no need to use the Test branch that should solve most, if not all, of your problems. The rest I will have to double check on why it is doing that in Test.
    Last edited by Wookiee420; July 10th, 2020 at 17:36.
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Meant to say hi and welcome aboard, Wookie420, before dumping stuff on you, but I've been swamped... so now I'll say it and simultaneously dump a problem or two on you :-)

In the game my group played last Sunday we found that every time I, as the GM, moved to a new actor in the Combat Tracker an error screen would pop up on all of my players' screens (see attached). It didn't make the game unplayable, exactly, but it was damned annoying!

I also found that the Unknown ID thing isn't working in the CT – on the map my players could see "Crazy-eyed maniac," for example, but in the CT it showed them the correct name, "Mackie Knife." Again, not a huge deal, but I'd been looking forward to being able to use this tool...

We're still playing in Classic, btw. I'm just now beginning to look at the Live Unity version, and need to import all our characters before we can play test it...

Thanks for taking over M&M, look forward to what you're going to do to improve this great game!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gotcha. It looked different so I didnt know if it had all made it over.

I think the issue I was running into was that I didnt have the ability to drag powers over to NPCs just characters. Not sure if that is by design or not.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

-og

edit: ah nevermind I see there is a separate section that talks about NPCs. Thanks again!
    Last edited by oldgodzilla; July 10th, 2020 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFlint View Post

In the game my group played last Sunday we found that every time I, as the GM, moved to a new actor in the Combat Tracker an error screen would pop up on all of my players' screens (see attached). It didn't make the game unplayable, exactly, but it was damned annoying!

I also found that the Unknown ID thing isn't working in the CT – on the map my players could see "Crazy-eyed maniac," for example, but in the CT it showed them the correct name, "Mackie Knife." Again, not a huge deal, but I'd been looking forward to being able to use this tool...
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I was looking through this, and it seems this error happens when you don't have initiatives set for all PCs and NPCs, at least thats how i reproduced it.
    The Unknown ID thing, sounds like it works right, did you try clicking the little ID button? (sorry for silly question)

Currently Running:

Initiate errors

We did some play-testing today in preparation for our game next weekend and ran into some errors using the FG Classic Mutants & Masterminds ruleset.

Even after rolling initiative for every character in the combat tracker, players would get a console pop-up with the error: "Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:46: attempt to index field 'init' (a nil value)"

Code:
    function onSortCompare(w1, w2)
    	local nValue1 = w1.initresult.getValue();
    	local nValue2 = w2.initresult.getValue();
    	if nValue1 ~= nValue2 then
    		return nValue1 < nValue2;
    	end

nValue1 = w1.init.getValue(); 
    	nValue2 = w2.init.getValue();
    	if nValue1 ~= nValue2 then
    		return nValue1 < nValue2;
    	end

local sValue1 = string.lower(w1.name.getValue());
    	local sValue2 = string.lower(w2.name.getValue());
    	if sValue1 ~= sValue2 then
    		return sValue1 > sValue2;
    	end

return w1.getDatabaseNode().getNodeName() > w2.getDatabaseNode().getNodeName();
    end
    I don't know the difference between .init and .initresult but it was the nvalue1 line checking w1.init.getvalue() that appears to be throwing the error. The error would appear multiple times in the console log every time any action was taken in the combat tracker (turn completed, moving flag, effects on a char, etc.)

The Turn Complete button would also jump two to five characters ahead rather than moving to the next person in the list, making it unusable for tracking turns (and of course it threw errors causing the console pop-up, which ideally players could disable in case a game needs to happen and code fixes haven't been deployed yet).

On the character sheet, there was an end of file marker that does not appear intentional (image attached).

There were also a number of warnings in the console, primarily when opening character sheets. Here is a sample of them:
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_main)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defensedodgestatname) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defenseparrystatname) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defensefortitudestatname) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defensewillstatname) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defensetoughnessstatname) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (health) in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_combat)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_atkskill) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_atkplus2) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_versus) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (targetdefense) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_criticalthreat) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_atkrank) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (label_atkplus3) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (damageabilitybonus) in windowclass (charsheet_weaponlistitem)
    Thanks for taking on M&M- good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Core Rulebook is once again not showing in modules. I can't fix it this time because it appears to be in the vault. It has been a while since I've visited the ruleset after initial CoreRPG testing so I'm not sure when it disappeared.

Thanks

Thank you for the report. We are looking into why the Hero's Handbook is currently not showing. Will report when we have more information.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hope you're looking into the one I posted as well

The Hero’s Handbook issue hasn’t been resolved and I am still looking into and working on your issue @Valcorin

Currently Running:

New update incoming that should bring back the Hero's Handbook with the missing tokens and portraits
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information