STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 41 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    Thank you for listening to the feedback and adding the toughness save automation back in.

So. what is the giant spot in the bottom right hand corner of the character sheet?
    wtff.PNG

That is in the Live version and not part of the Test version. This was used as a picture frame from what I saw in the code and was no longer needed due to having available portrait and token areas on the character sheet.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    That is in the Live version and not part of the Test version. This was used as a picture frame from what I saw in the code and was no longer needed due to having available portrait and token areas on the character sheet.
    Teah, it was nice but I admit it took up way too much space.

Thanks so much for this latest revision, with so much of the combat functionality restored! We'll be play testing it tonight and tomorrow, but I did notice a couple of things right off:

1. When I drag the resorted Effect DC die over the target, it adds 15 or 10 (Damage vs. other Resistance types) to the roll. This shouldn't happen, since that adjustment is made in the Effect DC line when setting up the attack/effect. The Resistance DC should just be the number in the die window (or the number form the NPC combat line) you're dragging. Proper resistance types seem to be working, though, so yay that!

2. My first couple of rolls with an NPC attacker went well (issue #1 above aside), but then dropping the Effect DC number stopped working. It still differentiates from the attack portion of the line when you roll over it, but grabbing it does nothing but produce an error; double-clicking it produces another error (see Errors 1.png). But no results. Maybe when I shut it down and restart it will work again... we'll see.

3. Lots of general errors appear (see Errors 2.png) although they don't usually seem to negatively affect outcomes; I'll document those more thoroughly over the next day or two, but I'm including a screenshot of the most recent ones, for what it might be worth.

4. In the Defenses section of the PC character sheets (where Dodge, Parry, etc. are found) the Power Point cost is being calculated improperly – it's adding up the Rank column (which is just a copy of the Attributes from the Main window, and already "paid" for), when it should be adding up the Enhanced column. Artemis spent 3 on Defenses, not 29!

5. Not seeing conditions being shown in the Health column of the Combat Tracker... that was an original function and, I thought, part of your new version... am I mistaken on that last part?

Again, thanks for restoring this functionality, this makes the revamp brilliant, in my opinion :-) So many things to like, not the least of which is the ability to resize the PC character sheet window... and I just realized that may be why the character portrait had to go, resizing that might've been an issue, no?

Also just discovered the "Item ID'd" / "Item Not ID'd" function – very nice!

I'll be back with more as we get chance to play test more rigorously over the next evening or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I did restart, and the problem in #2 above did resolve, sort of... the first couple rolls it still seemed broken, but then it just started to work (?!), although it did generate an error each time

Unfortunately, it now seems to be adding +8 to all the Effects DC, instead of 10 or 15 (which at least made sense, game-wise; I've no idea where +8 is coming from). On top of which, all characters seem to have a -1 Bruise subtracted from both attack and effect rolls, despite no bruise penalty showing in either the CT or character sheet.

I'm including two screen shots that illustrate all this. Gah, I'm confused...

@BrianFlint It might be best to try a fresh new campaign and continue testing. I can not replicate the last post, but I did commit another version for review. So please start a new campaign and report if a fresh campaign is giving you the same issues.

Edit:
    If they are still an issue, please zip up your old campaign for me and post it here please
    Last edited by superteddy57; June 4th, 2020 at 03:35.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Ah, sorry, it hadn't occurred to me to try that. I'll start up a fresh one tomorrow and see how that goes...

Thanks!

Defense and Initiative totals not adding

I noticed with the update the Defense and Initiative totals are not adding up properly. They are excluding the core attribute associated with ability. In the pic I provided is a completed character and a new one I'm working on. Both are missing their Agility stat total with their Initiative along with it adding to their Dodge. Same with Parry, Toughness, Fortitude and Will. The base stat isn't adding in. For now I can do a work around by just adding the stat total under the "Enhanc." column, to get the total same as what's on my character's paper character sheet.

I found a similar problem, Jorune, but it was more intermittent – some Defense stats transferred over from the Attributes as they should, others were half what they should be, and others were missing altogether.

As a half-way work around, if you just re-type them into the Rank column of the Defenses section they seem to stick thereafter. Them you'll have to use the Enhanced column to list the defense options you've purchased with Power Points (such as to Dodge or Toughness). Unfortunately those don't show up in the Power Point Cost bubble at the bottom of the Defenses section; instead it seems to be adding the Rank column, meaning you pay twice for for your Attributes – yikes! But I suspect it's an easy fix. The Stat column is there, it just needs to put the appropriate Attribute number into the total column, then ranks you've purchased go in the Ranks column (and are the only think that goes into the PP cost bubble), and Power Enhancements go in the Enhancements column.

The Initiative problem is similar – just put your Agility rank in the Advantage bubble and use the Power bubble for any enhancements. I'm pretty sure this will be an easy fix, too.
    Last edited by BrianFlint; June 4th, 2020 at 08:32.

Thread Information